Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristy2013 View Post
Is lake buena vista a descent area to live?I will transfer from a restrauntaunt here in pigeon forge tn .and my husband is a tile setter already came down and is living in stonefield sub in kissimmee which is nice .we are lookin for 3 bedroom to rent e ither house or condo kid friendly and 1 cat ty
It's OK, depends on which part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM

399 posts, read 719,647 times
If I were looking for something affordable like a two bed room 1 1/2 or 2 bath apartment and could only afford $600-900 range for rent..would this mean that I would end up in the ghetto or undesirable area? My work would most likely be in the North 32808 zip. Church in the 32824 zip area.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
If I were looking for something affordable like a two bed room 1 1/2 or 2 bath apartment and could only afford $600-900 range for rent..would this mean that I would end up in the ghetto or undesirable area?
Yup

Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
If I were looking for something affordable like a two bed room 1 1/2 or 2 bath apartment and could only afford $600-900 range for rent..would this mean that I would end up in the ghetto or undesirable area? My work would most likely be in the North 32808 zip. Church in the 32824 zip area.
You wont necessarily end up in living in the ghetto for that price

In and near the 32824 zip there are actually some apartments that are quite affordable for you

Look up Pinnacle Pointe and Pinnacle Cove apartments, they start around $650 for ones bedrooms, both are in a good location off Landstar Blvd and are adjacent to the 417

Also look up Falcon Trace apartments, as well as The Berkshire Club, and Waterbridge, these are in the 32837 zip code. All 3 have one bedrooms around $600 a month, and two bedrooms for about $700. I live within 5 miles of all 5 complexes I just told you about and it is a good area around here, not ghetto at all. My family has lived in this area for about 5 years now and we like it for the most part. All the complexes are close to shopping, highways, dining, 15 minutes to Disney and the airport, and 30 minutes to Downtown Orlando

This will put you further away from both work and church, but look into the east side of town as well, there are some decent apartments around there for $600-$900 for one and two bedrooms

You'll find the most bang for you buck in 32824 or 32837 in my opinion

Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM

44 posts, read 79,335 times
Ok, totally ignorant question....but how hard is it to come across these "hoods/ghettos", like if I get lost or something..lol
Like, where I am from,there a certain areas you don't go to...not that you'd get jumped or anything but still, things go down there...but these areas are places you have to go to to find them...not like if you we're driving to IKEA or something and you have to go through these places to get there..
Reading this back it sounds horrible...but if I can't ask the ppl of Orlando, who can I ask?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:08 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachthor View Post
Ok, totally ignorant question....but how hard is it to come across these "hoods/ghettos", like if I get lost or something..lol
Like, where I am from,there a certain areas you don't go to...not that you'd get jumped or anything but still, things go down there...but these areas are places you have to go to to find them...not like if you we're driving to IKEA or something and you have to go through these places to get there..
Reading this back it sounds horrible...but if I can't ask the ppl of Orlando, who can I ask?
You can go two blocks and be in a bad neighborhood. In fact the worst neighborhood in Orlando is two blocks from IKEA.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You can go two blocks and be in a bad neighborhood. In fact the worst neighborhood in Orlando is two blocks from IKEA.
I always thought John Young was the dividing mark between Millenia and Americana since that is where the road changes its name from Americana Blvd to Conroy Rd

Not to be a d*ck but thats a little more than 2 blocks isn't it?

You do have a point though that you can travel a matter of blocks and it can go from good to bad or bad to good

Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I still can't understand why anyone would be surprised by this, we have nearly 2.5 million people in the metro area and it's certainly not all fantasy lands and pixie dust. We are far from being Detroit or Oakland but it's not one big theme park here. There are many poverty ridden areas here, some right next to gated golf communities. It's been this way for as long as I can remember and likely will remain a fabric of the community. But at the end of the day, I don't live on those communities. I watch the news at night and gasp and awe like everyone else at the crime, but than I just go to sleep worrying about how I'm going to finish my to-do list for the next day.
As can be said about any city with more than a million people in a radius of 15-20 miles.
Good point. Another thing you said about the NEWS, is well thats the NEWS. It doesn't account for the bad things that happen in the good communities and the good thing that happen in the bad ones.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I always thought John Young was the dividing mark between Millenia and Americana since that is where the road changes its name from Americana Blvd to Conroy Rd

Not to be a d*ck but thats a little more than 2 blocks isn't it?

You do have a point though that you can travel a matter of blocks and it can go from good to bad or bad to good
Millenia is no safer than Americana. Are you people idiots or do you just buy into the fancy imagination provided to you by the media outlets in Orlando???

Mellinia always has snatchings, shootings, and theft just as Americana, Pine Hills, East Orlando, Sanford, Etc. etc.

Matter of fact, That portion West of Winter Run is indeed City limits of Orlando while Americana is not.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Millenia is no safer than Americana. Are you people idiots or do you just buy into the fancy imagination provided to you by the media outlets in Orlando???

Mellinia always has snatchings, shootings, and theft just as Americana, Pine Hills, East Orlando, Sanford, Etc. etc.

Matter of fact, That portion West of Winter Run is indeed City limits of Orlando while Americana is not.
The apartments can be bad. There was a shooting in one of them recently. But I've never felt unsafe in any of the Millenia shopping centers; however I wouldn't go into the Publix shopping center on John Young/Americana alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando