Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 PM

511 posts, read 854,799 times

Advertisements

McCormick spices has a real nice Texas rub, barbeque, pre-mixed spice packet with easy instructions, you might give it a try..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
McCormick spices has a real nice Texas rub, barbeque, pre-mixed spice packet with easy instructions, you might give it a try..
Back to BREAKFAST tacos.

I can't believe no Mexican restaurant in Orlando opens for breakfast. Please!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM

4 posts, read 4,591 times
I really feel you on this one, idr591. I moved from San Antonio to Orlando about a year and a half ago. I don't think others understand our breakfast taco addictions. I haven't had much luck recently. I've been happy with Taqueria El Mexicano on OBT and Holden Heights. They don't open up till I think 9am(Even though there is a big 24/7 sign). Their tacos are more like small street tacos. I hear Beto's which is also on Orange Blossom Trail is good, but have yet to try it out for myself.

I wish I could help you out more. For others that read this. I crave breakfast tacos: Potato and egg, Bean and cheese, Migas, chilaquiles, Egg and bacon, chorizo and eggs, and so on. I'm also use to places opening up around 6-7am. Please help if you can.

Sooo hungry.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:09 PM

10 posts, read 20,602 times
I'm also from San Antonio, born and raised on the south side. I moved to Orlando last April and I'm going crazy trying to find breakfast tacos. Growing up in a Hispanic family, I was spoiled with homemade tortillas, refried beans (with bacon grease), potato and egg, and all the other Tex-Mex favs. I've been making tacos at home since the pickins' are slim around here for TX style Mex food. As for the BBQ, best BBQ in Texas is at Kreuz in Lockhart. Family's been going there since 1946. If anyone knows of a good taco spot, please share!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,671 times
Phat: Tried Beto's once & didn't care for it. I'll have to try the one you mentioned on OBT @ Holden. Maybe I will have to learn how to make my own tortillas so I can make my own breakfast tacos. I have been out here in Orlando for nearly 5 years and have not had breakfast tacos since I left Houston. =(

Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 AM

167 posts, read 409,571 times
All of you are spot on about the Texas' breakfast. I travel there quite a bit and must say I love me some green chiles and chorizo omelettes when I'm there!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,847 times
Wish we had Taco Cabana here. Y'all couldn't even make time to support Whataburger when they were here. I love their breakfast taquitos. Sigh......

BBQ: We forget we're in the Southeast, and out here, it's about the pork butt, not brisket! On that note, try Porkey's in Apopka.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM

10 posts, read 20,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Wish we had Taco Cabana here. Y'all couldn't even make time to support Whataburger when they were here. I love their breakfast taquitos. Sigh......

BBQ: We forget we're in the Southeast, and out here, it's about the pork butt, not brisket! On that note, try Porkey's in Apopka.
I have a Whataburger Fancy Ketchup mousepad gracing my desk at work. Luckily, there are a few Texans around the office that recognized it. Every time I'm in Jax, I make it a point to stop at Whataburger.

So far, 4Rivers has been the closest to real BBQ that I've had since moving here. I'm traveling back to the great Republic next month and plan to get my fill of brisket, Big Red soda, Mi Tierra, Whataburger, kolaches, and everything else I can't find 'round these parts.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX2FL_Federali View Post
I have a Whataburger Fancy Ketchup mousepad gracing my desk at work. Luckily, there are a few Texans around the office that recognized it. Every time I'm in Jax, I make it a point to stop at Whataburger.

So far, 4Rivers has been the closest to real BBQ that I've had since moving here. I'm traveling back to the great Republic next month and plan to get my fill of brisket, Big Red soda, Mi Tierra, Whataburger, kolaches, and everything else I can't find 'round these parts.
Christ, what I wouldn't do for a sausage & jalapeno kolache! You can get Big Red off the shelf here at Winn Dixie, I do believe. As for me, I'll be stopping off in Jax for a Whataburger fix later today as I venture to the 912.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 PM

529 posts, read 1,174,858 times
Yep, I'd kill for a Taco Cabana ANYWHERE in Fla. Even they make their own tortillas. I know it's hard to understand for those not familiar with TexMex, but "authentic Mexican" and "Southwest" just ain't gonna cut it, friend. As far as kolaches, the Czech Stop in West, TX, along I-35, does ship during the winter months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando