Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Yes but it costs money to do that
No it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 PM

626 posts, read 975,991 times
I'm looking for a good bank too, for business and personal checking. I like paying my bills online with a bank.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Let me buy you a clue--you can do that even when it's not the same bank or credit union.
Wow what is your problem? The poster clearly wants separate bank accounts to maintain discipline. Yes you can transfer between two different banks but the transfer usually takes DAYS to go through vs the instant transfer of the same bank. Maybe you are the one that should get a clue.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlscamdo View Post
Wow what is your problem? The poster clearly wants separate bank accounts to maintain discipline. Yes you can transfer between two different banks but the transfer usually takes DAYS to go through vs the instant transfer of the same bank. Maybe you are the one that should get a clue.
Read some of Davies posts. He has a bad habit of making assumptions and posting things that he doesn't have a clue about and won't listen until someone gets a bit snarky with him.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
I'm looking for a good bank too, for business and personal checking. I like paying my bills online with a bank.
I've been with Bank of America for going on 20 years and have been happy with them. They have no fee ATM's not only throughout the US, but also through arrangements with banks in a number of European and Asian countries.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:53 PM

626 posts, read 975,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've been with Bank of America for going on 20 years and have been happy with them. They have no fee ATM's not only throughout the US, but also through arrangements with banks in a number of European and Asian countries.
Well, that souncds good. I'll have to check it out.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
Quote:
Yes but it costs money to do that
No... US bank to bank ACH transfers are free for probably 99.9999% of institutions. You're thinking of wire transfers.

If you don't have the discipline to keep all your funds at the same bank and not spend them, I think you have other underlying self-control issues you may want to work out, because it's nearly just as simple to transfer money between different banks as it is for accounts at the same bank.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
I am sick and tired of Wells Fargo, especially now that they are trying to charge my $15 a month because I do not have a savings acct with them, and am saving money at Publix Employees Federal Credit Union instead

I save my money at PEFCU for these reasons

1) I don't have an atm card for that savings account
2) Their only Orlando area office is 30 miles away from me in Altamonte Springs
3) Because the office is so far away and I have no atm card for it, I am not tempted to take any money out
4) This is why I wont open a checking account with them, I'll end up spending all my savings

Is there a good local bank that offers free checking, or free checking accounts for college students?

I will not go to Chase, or Bank of America either

There are a lot of bank choices in Orlando because I know there's also BB&T, SunTrust, Regions, McCoy Federal, among others

Anybody have a good recommendation?
All a matter of opinion/experiences here.
I've had

Chase - By far the worst bank ever.
Sun Trust - Second worst bank ever.
Fairwinds - Great credit union, but not many branches.

Bank of America - Who I still have now, is the best bank I've had. I can transfer money within my account, to other accounts, to other Bank of America customers, to other people outside bank of America, at the bank, using the atm, through my mobile device, or through the computer.

I can pay all my vias via my mobile/online banking. They also get me into over 150 Museums across America for free every 1st weekend of the month . ( a little perk) but they have bigger perks. I have no feed on my accounts either so yeah lol. Plus I've never had issues with my bank card or identity like I I have with some of the others

Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
All a matter of opinion/experiences here.
I've had

Chase - By far the worst bank ever.
Sun Trust - Second worst bank ever.
Fairwinds - Great credit union, but not many branches.

Bank of America - Who I still have now, is the best bank I've had.
Curious to hear your issues with SunTrust and Chase, as Bank of America is the most hated bank in the country (beside Wells Fargo). Google it...

Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Curious to hear your issues with SunTrust and Chase, as Bank of America is the most hated bank in the country (beside Wells Fargo). Google it...
I had some terrible issues with Chase back about 10-12 years ago. I'll never do business with them again. The morons posted my car payment late even though it was 20 days early. They did this three months in a row before I finally got it straightened out. I ended up with a personal letter of apology from someone pretty high up the food chain, and he sent me a $50 gas card for my troubles. By that time it was far too late.

Had the same problem with GreenTree mortgage. Ugh, they suck too.

I had my construction loan with SunTrust. They were OK, nothing special. They didn't do anything that made me want to continue banking with them after I converted the construction loan to permanent financing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando