Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I have politely told this O/P to stop harassing me, and she continues to do so. She is making accusations about issues that she knows nothing about by going to some of my posts and changing the information around. Do not believe anything she states, as her job is to go to Travel and Real Estate sights looking for people citing complaints against them. She is trying to prevent me from relating the truth to the public.

I am not harassing you, I responded to what you posted in a forum where any member ( and I am a member) has the right to post a comment on any thread. Just because you dont' like what's being said gives you the right to pick and choose who can or cannot post in your thread. You're ticked because you thought ppl in the renting forum were going to back you up and take your side...they didn't.

Would you mind telling me what I accused you of? And would you tell me what post I changed and what information I changed? I don't have access to your account, threads or posts. People can read the three threads you have going on and see for themselves what you're trying to do.

Posting here in CD isn't going to do you any good...if you think you're in the right..take them to court. File a complaint with the BBB and Attorney Generals office...you've been told by several ppl to do this, but all you do is start another thread in another forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
@Kim: Good point, if the OP is telling the truth, he/she should post the company's name. However, he/she better not do it if he/she is lying or else the owner can sue for defamation. I also saw Rubies other thread, which is identical to this OP. Very suspicious!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
How can the company sue us for defamation if they stole our money?
If you say XYZ Company are scam artists because they stole our deposit when we left the home clean and XYZ Company says I have pictures to prove the poor condition left by the tenants. If you don't have more compelling evidence, they can sue you for defamation.

In one of our past businesses we actually had another competitor falsely accuse us of something and we had proof of innocence. The manager decided to put notices on our customers cars falsely accusing us anyways. We sued them and they had to hire an attorney. Their attorney told them they need to get us to settle with them because they will lose. We had them pay for our legal fees and publicly apologize. It ended up costing them over $5k and the issue was over $100.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
no further comment. Conversation has ended. :d

Just as I thought.....oh, well...as long ppl here understand you're nothing but a cheat and liar, I'm good.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:40 PM

.I am responding to a post here in City Data..as a member, that's my right.

I'm not a property manager or a landlord, if I was I'd tell you...I have no reason to lie about that. All I want you to do is to stop posting this crap about this company you refuse to name and to be honest with everyone that reads your threads.

I agree that ppl need to hear the truth..so post the truth...you rented a place, left it filthy and are pissed because they kept your deposit. You're not going to get any property manager, landlord or judge to side with you...and why haven't taken any of the advice given to you already?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,918 times
It might be worth while from now on to go through Airbnb, Roomorama or another short term rental agent. They do a good check on hosts and guests before hooking them up.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 590 times
Just be aware that I checked out both ripoff.com: The Leading Ripoff Site on the Net and ScamBook.com (as recommended in the original post on this thread) on the web, and there is at least controversy if not outright allegations of problems and even extortion on the part of ripoff.com. Do your own research on this, I have had no dealings with them, but I have found the Better Business Bureau, although not comprehensive, to be a better means of checking out a business. Even the scam-busters can be scammers. Stay skeptical and do your homework.

Apparently there are many internet companies out there trying to offer rental homes, some are scams. Be careful of who you give your money. There are property management companies that do this, also real estate companies, so that there can be a guarantee on your money up to a point, but you need to check these out as well. Many naive people end up sending money to some stranger and end up with no actual reservation, sometimes no property even exists.

Don't mean to sound negative, but if you are going to spend a lot of money, it pays to do your homework.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:06 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times
Rubies77 is no longer with us. BANNED.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramkr View Post
It might be worth while from now on to go through Airbnb, Roomorama or another short term rental agent. They do a good check on hosts and guests before hooking them up.
Actually the checks they do are spotty at best. Go through a licensed, bonded agency that has been in business for a long time and has a local representative to step in if things go south.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:01 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
The state sides with the prop. managers- I had a proven violation on the prop mgr's part and the state just said -"well- you can take them to small claims court" - and that is it--- did NOTHING - more evidence of big money in the pockets of lawmakers. What is funny you see candidates repeatably say the same thing in debates and people still DON'T get it, people will continue to get ripped off - sorry you also lost to corp thieves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando