U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
27 posts, read 84,268 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Anyone worked with RP Funding or We Are Not the Banks to refinance their home? I've spoken with RP Funding a few times and they seemed ok but I haven't actually refinanced with them. I have used Quicken in the past but their published rates all seem similar.

Any thoughts on the above or another recommendation for a standard 30 year refi with possibly less than 20% equity? My rate is almost 2 points higher than the going rates.

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
 
982 posts, read 1,374,928 times
Reputation: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by brerjeff View Post
Anyone worked with RP Funding or We Are Not the Banks to refinance their home? I've spoken with RP Funding a few times and they seemed ok but I haven't actually refinanced with them. I have used Quicken in the past but their published rates all seem similar.

Any thoughts on the above or another recommendation for a standard 30 year refi with possibly less than 20% equity? My rate is almost 2 points higher than the going rates.

Thanks in advance
Jeff
It will not be easy without 20% equity, and the rates will be higher if you find a lender. Do you have some money to bring to the table and closing to bring it to 20% equity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
27 posts, read 84,268 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
It will not be easy without 20% equity, and the rates will be higher if you find a lender. Do you have some money to bring to the table and closing to bring it to 20% equity?
That's a good point, not at this time unfortunately. Thanks for the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,249 posts, read 11,454,210 times
Reputation: 4083
Quicken has some high fees for the refi. RP is a really good company.

You might also speak with your lender, I know Chase offered a good deal with zero closings costs on one of their loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
27 posts, read 84,268 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Quicken has some high fees for the refi. RP is a really good company.

You might also speak with your lender, I know Chase offered a good deal with zero closings costs on one of their loans.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. Quicken does seem high but I hadn't seen what RP or anyone else was offering. Thanks!

Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top