Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 03:57 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times

Advertisements

Most of the seafood on Sandlake Road is pretty good, Big Fin is my fave. It's not really BBQ but the Ravenous Pig in Winter Park is really good for unique meat dishes. Park Ave, in Winter Park is also really good cuisine, I like Bosphorous alot. Asian food is pretty good around Mills/50. Pho Vinh, Tasty Wok, Hawkers and Rice and Noodle cafe are my faves. Spanish food is generally pretty good here, haven't really been to a bad place yet. I prefer Pio Pio, Rolandos, Numero Uno. Other random places I would recommend, Antonios in Maitland, Shari downtown, Cristobal's Cafe in college park, Seito in Baldwin Park, La Granja, Ming Court, Ming Bistro, Yum Mi, Tako Cheena, Burger Fi, Pine 22, Il Pescatore, Trestevere, Greek Corner. I probably forgot a few, but I'm sure that's enough to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Orlando isn't a BBQ, Seafood or Mexican town. We're mostly "American", while in certain parts of town, it's more PR, Brazil & Caribbean flavors. Best BBQ is Porky's in Apopka. 4R is tremendously overrated. That's my take.
What about Cecil's BBQ on Orange and Michigan? Great food without the wait.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:57 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,338,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
What about Cecil's BBQ on Orange and Michigan? Great food without the wait.
Texas hot links at Cecil's are awesome!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 AM

12 posts, read 33,830 times
Would really be a case by case basis I think and depend on where exactly you live. We do know some FL natives that won't touch the tourist areas and haven't been to the parks in years if ever. That's not us. We live pretty close to the attractions and enjoy the parks, etc. We do shop at the Premium Outlets (Vineland) (why wouldn't you take advantage of outlet shopping if it's close?) and Mall at Millenia and occasionally the Florida Mall. We'll eat in those areas too including Lake Buena Vista (we frequent Sweet Tomatoes in example) and Downtown Disney, at Disney, in Dr. Phillips (restaurant row), CityWalk, by the mall, etc. We do a lot of shopping and dining at the Loop in Kissimmee which is convenient to us and more off the tourist track. Can't say we frequent I-Drive too much which is a traffic nightmare we don't need to get involved with and when many of the dining choices can be found elsewhere, but it's not off limits either. For example we were at the Capital Grille at Point Orlando not too long ago and I'll specifically go to the movie theatre for the IMAX on occasion. We enjoy living close to the attractions area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando