U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,087 times

Advertisements

My fellow Floridians, I need your advice/help. My family and I have sold our home in Pembroke Pines, FL and are going to be temporarily residing in the Kissimmee area. We are looking to move to a location that is centralized to my area of work. I am a route distributor, and I am to develop the Orlando, Tampa, Ocala market.
My hopes are to purchase a home, that is in a low-crime area, has good potential investment value (I may want to sell in a few years), and is pretty centralized to the above locations. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
My wife works from home, my kids go to college and I'm in grocery sales. I'd like to stay within our price range of 200k, and I have 3 golden retrievers that need a nice backyard.

Any suggestions?

Thank you and God Bless.

Last edited by miaminolonger; 06-23-2013 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 AM

23,798 posts, read 36,385,911 times
With the Tampa Bay area as the largest market, followed by Orlando you might want to be somewhere between the two. Winter Haven would be a good halfway point and provide a good amount of housing to choose from. It's a nice historic "old Florida" town with a restored downtown area and has pretty much everything in town you'd be looking for.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:28 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,230,895 times
I would Look into Clermont/Davenport area the homes out there are relativly cheap, and there isn't much crime. Too bad you cant build a home in the middle of the green swamp as that is the most central Location. Check out Lakeland also.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM

4,167 posts, read 8,627,101 times
I would say anything in the Northwest part of the Orlando Metro with easy access to 429 and Turnpike would be best for you. Apopka, Wekiva, Clermont, Winter Garden, 4 Corners are good options. All these areas have good and bad areas but the good areas are pretty insulated from the bad areas. You should be able to find something within your price range with good future resale value.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:46 PM

26,589 posts, read 58,376,017 times
Clermont is pretty central, low crime, stable housing prices in your range, good schools, generally very desirable.

30 minutes to most of Orlando, 45 to Ocala, 75 to Tampa.

Davenport wouldn't be my first choice, too many short term developments. Kissimmee and low crime/good investment shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM

23,798 posts, read 36,385,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Clermont is pretty central, low crime, stable housing prices in your range, good schools, generally very desirable.

30 minutes to most of Orlando, 45 to Ocala, 75 to Tampa.

Davenport wouldn't be my first choice, too many short term developments. Kissimmee and low crime/good investment shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
With the Tampa Bay area the largest/most populated "market" for the OP and with the worst traffic in/out, being in Clermont would be a bit off the beaten path and definitely not a 75 minute trip unless you're talking some time at night/weekends or driving to the eastern edge. It's 73 miles from Clermont to downtown Tampa alone. As typical the Orlando "homers" think this is the center of the universe....

Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM

26,589 posts, read 58,376,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
With the Tampa Bay area the largest/most populated "market" for the OP and with the worst traffic in/out, being in Clermont would be a bit off the beaten path and definitely not a 75 minute trip unless you're talking some time at night/weekends or driving to the eastern edge. It's 73 miles from Clermont to downtown Tampa alone. As typical the Orlando "homers" think this is the center of the universe....
My company HQ are in Tampa. I drive from my home on the north end of Clermont to the office by USF in about 70 minutes. Not all of Tampa is in the downtown core.

Without know what he is selling on his route, you have no way of knowing if the downtown core of Tampa even matters, or if his base will be much denser in the suburbs.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,230,895 times
I chose Clermont, because it is the most central between the three, and has east access to all three. If you would rather be in the Tampa area then check out Zephryhills, and Wesley Chapel/ New Tampa. I don't think they compare to Clermont, but if you like them check em out.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:08 PM

4,167 posts, read 8,627,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
He posted in the Orlando forum so I thinks its reasonable for us to assume he wants Central Florida recommendations. I'm sure he also posted in Tampa forum as well and they are giving him good recommendations for Tampa Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando