Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I'm ready to watch the MSDNC butthurt begin....

America's Smartest Cities
Nah, these online rankings mean NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM

26,798 posts, read 43,267,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Nah, these online rankings mean NOTHING.
LOL, you think?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:00 PM

8 posts, read 17,743 times
This study lists Miami as #10. That tells you everything you need to know. I've met more ignorant, uneducated, unbelievable people here.... The city may have lots of libraries and universities but that doesn't mean the city has smart people living in it.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,853,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I love Orlando, but I don't believe that list. Boston doesn't even make the list, which is ridiculous.
Just because Boston has some of the best schools in the nation does not mean that everybody there has a degree. In Florida it is so easy to get a degree now a days its not suprising that such a large amount of people have one.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM

Go to the Pittsburgh forum, and tell them they are not the smartest city in the nation. I was surprised to not see any little Mexicos on the list. Then again useless people only believe what they want to believe...

Old 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Go to the Pittsburgh forum, and tell them they are not the smartest city in the nation. I was surprised to not see any little Mexicos on the list. Then again useless people only believe what they want to believe...
Pittsburgh is a very up and coming rustbelt renaissance city with well reputed higher ed and hospital systems. They probably deserve it more than Orlando or Miami. That being said, plenty of bashers rip fl out of proportion to what it deserves imo

Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Pittsburgh is a very up and coming rustbelt renaissance city with well reputed higher ed and hospital systems. They probably deserve it more than Orlando or Miami. That being said, plenty of bashers rip fl out of proportion to what it deserves imo
Exactly the site based all of the cities of off certain criteria, and after that criteria was calculated Orlando was ranked second. I mean Orlando has the second largest soon to be largest university in America, and Miami Dade has the largest community college system in america. Yes, there are so many people who absolutely hate Orlando, and that's why I find myself defending it most of the time, because no one is. I also think people look down on this based on Personal Opinion just because someone doesn't come across to you as college educated. Doesn't mean they aren't.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 PM

158 posts, read 369,973 times
How did I know we wouldn't make this list?

America's Snobbiest Cities

Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,479,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Just because Boston has some of the best schools in the nation does not mean that everybody there has a degree. In Florida it is so easy to get a degree now a days its not suprising that such a large amount of people have one.
Yet Orlando does not have nearly as many jobs that require a degree as Boston does. Boston is a business center.. Orlando doesn't even begin to compare.

Since we're already citing lists, here's one from US News, naming Boston as the 6th most highly educated city in the country. No city in Florida makes the list.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Yet Orlando does not have nearly as many jobs that require a degree as Boston does. Boston is a business center.. Orlando doesn't even begin to compare.

Since we're already citing lists, here's one from US News, naming Boston as the 6th most highly educated city in the country. No city in Florida makes the list.
Obviously none of the criteria was based of off that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando