Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 PM
KK6 KK6 started this thread

4 posts, read 18,611 times

Advertisements

Thanks...How are the communities east of I-4 along Reinhart road (Woodbridge lakes, Timacuan etc.).. compared to the ones to the west ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 AM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Those areas along Rinehart Road were largely built out in the housing boom from 2002-2007 and have seen a large amount of foreclosures which have affected property values through revaluation and lack of upkeep. I would exercise some caution although you could perhaps score a deal in terms of an undervalued fixer upper. Many think that when purchasing a "newer" home they're automatically getting a low maintenance home but if a financially distressed owner lived there prior bear in mind routine maintenance fell by the wayside and high ticket items like central air conditioning, pool pumps, pool screen enclosures, flooring, major appliances, landscaping/irrigation and even roofs (builder grade often are 7-10 yr product) may need replacing much sooner than you might anticipate.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM

31 posts, read 58,603 times
I have family in Timacuan, the yards are tight, but the golf course has it's own draw. They live at the other side of the development, closer to the park, which is really a nice area. But, again, very small lots, and you are controlled by the HoA. Not sure of the other places you mentioned. Timacuan is not gated, and is very convenient to a Publix, banking, and CVS, plus a couple of eateries outside the entrance.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieheretoflorida View Post
I have family in Timacuan, the yards are tight, but the golf course has it's own draw. They live at the other side of the development, closer to the park, which is really a nice area. But, again, very small lots, and you are controlled by the HoA. Not sure of the other places you mentioned. Timacuan is not gated, and is very convenient to a Publix, banking, and CVS, plus a couple of eateries outside the entrance.
Timacuan is very bizarre as in its gated from the back entrance, But not the front. I guess it has something to do with the Publix in the front. Other than that I really like the neighborhood it is fully built out, and some lots on par with Heathrow. Id reckon the HOA fees would be less than Heathrow since there is no manned gate.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 AM

69 posts, read 139,297 times
Some nice areas to be sure in Lake Mary/Heathrow!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 878 times
Default heathrow

I have lived in various cities thru the south
By far the most racist place that Ive lived . If you are not a minority you should be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando