Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:15 PM

129 posts, read 246,374 times

Advertisements

The only place that we've found and been happy with thus far is Abuelo's at The Loop (Osceola @ John Young). We were pleasantly surprised by both the food (shredded beef enchiladas are THE BEST!) and the atmosphere. Lo and behold, upon talking to the manager, we found out that Abuelo's originated in Texas, which explains why the food is vastly superior to any other Mexican we've tasted around here. I hope everybody will give this place a try.

I came from Texas also and it has been weird not seeing a Mexican restaurant on every block.
My husband LOVES Mexican food and has been disappointed by lack of....
He was excited when he saw the Abuelo's at the Loop,(have been eating their for years).
Have you found anyplace else yet?
I myself am not a huge fan of Mexican food but really like Tijuana Flats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 AM

196 posts, read 817,573 times
I like Laredo in the Belagio (sand lake rd) They call it gourmet mexican...there chili con queso or chili laredo is out of this world!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:35 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,578,168 times
andygump5, I haven't ventured far enough away from home to try some of the other Mexican places mentioned on this forum, but if I happen out in those directions, I definitely want to try them. I did try Beto's on OBT, which was recommended to me, and was quite disappointed and won't be going back. On my priority list to try are Taquito Jalisco, PR's, and Maria Bonita, because I've had all 3 of those recommended to me several times (on this forum and apart).

Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 AM

12 posts, read 27,448 times
I feel your pain...My husband is from Guadalajara & we have hit every Mexican place in the vicinity & out Believe it when I say that Chevys is the most consistent in taste,freshness, & service (Lake Buena Vista location). Their salsa is the best in town IMO.All the others we have tried are hit or miss...the 1st time we went to Taquitos Jaliscos we loved it,sure enough the 2nd time it was bad,as well as the 3rd time.

We are also 3 for 3 on the very good scale with Blue Agave located on Kirkman....margaritas are excellant,prices are fair, service is excellant,and the Tortilla soup to die for! The burritos are HUGE too! Good selection of salsas & a nice ambience..they also have Mariachis some nights.

ANyway good luck

Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
San Joses. Authentic. In Winter Garden and Clermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando