U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:42 AM

70 posts, read 203,321 times
Default FullSail school in Winter Park, Orlando

Hey there everyone! My best friend and I have been looking into going to school at FullSail in Orlando for a Film Degree. I was just wondering if any of you know anything about it or have heard good/bad things about it. I am moving to Clearwater area first, where my best friend lives so we can get our stuff together before moving out to Orlando for school if that's where we do decide to go. We somehow keep coming back to FullSail in our searches, so I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on that school. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewChapter View Post
Hey there everyone! My best friend and I have been looking into going to school at FullSail in Orlando for a Film Degree. I was just wondering if any of you know anything about it or have heard good/bad things about it. I am moving to Clearwater area first, where my best friend lives so we can get our stuff together before moving out to Orlando for school if that's where we do decide to go. We somehow keep coming back to FullSail in our searches, so I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on that school. Thank you!
All i know is that people say it costs alot of money to go there..

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
All i know is that people say it costs alot of money to go there..
Yes, it does cost a lot of money, especially for the Film Degree that I am going for...I'm just curious if it's worth it's price. If al the money I put into it pays off in the long run then I am not concerned...as long as I get the good education about film production that I need to make it, I will be happy. But I don't want to dread going everyday like high school.

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:52 AM

127 posts, read 328,507 times
yeah its a little pricey...but i know a lot of people who have gone there and are doing GREAT things...they were all in for computer animation/graphics stuff like that....one taught there right after and now she is in CALI doing something wtih graphic design as is her BF...who also went there, another guy i know is working with Nickelodeon in LA now, and another guy is making video games for his job in Oregon...All got jobs right after graduating...So seems like a good school to me lol

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:53 AM

8,184 posts, read 10,345,731 times
I can't say I've heard anything bad about them.
I see the students around town doing projects.

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:58 AM

wow thank you so much for the feedback. It definitely makes me feel even better about the place. My best friend'c cousin is currently going there and she will see him on Thanksgiving and will be able to find out more as well, but you're words have been very helpful! thank you!

Unread 11-15-2007, 09:11 AM

631 posts, read 2,064,800 times
My daughter has been a student since August and she LOVES it. She is going for the recording arts degree. You have to look at the price diffently than traditional colleges. It does appear pricey but if you break it down, you're paying the same amount of money in other state schools (except FL and CA where they are way lower than the national average). The way we are approaching the pricing is that she is getting a BS degree in two years. If she went to a traditional 4 year college for a BS degree, she would be paying the same amount of money as my son who is attending Penn State as an in-state student.

If you do go to Full Sail, be a SERIOUS student because the intensive scheduling is very tough. She has already told me of students who are flunking out because they are partying and not showing up for class. Full Sail has zero tolernance for students who don't do the work.

We believe it to be an excellent school with enormous opportunities. Our friend has a son who graduated with the film degree a few years ago. He's already working in LA on different projects, most recently in Vegas for some music award show.

Just remember, you'll hear negative things about this school and just about anything else on these boards. Going to school is all about YOU, take it seriously and put in the effort and hard work. Full Sail has all kinds of music and film industry people coming to their school to give lectures, meet and greets, etc. It really is a cool place.

Good luck and send me a private message if you want any other information.

Unread 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM

1,572 posts, read 2,498,272 times
It's a good school, even though it is expensive. There aren't all that many local job oppurtunities that could be spun off it. Tiburon-EA in Maitland is about the only one I can think of at the moment and EA is a horrible company to work for. They do some simulation related stuff near the university, too, so it might be useful there as well.

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:00 AM

Wow thank you everyong for all the info! My best friend and I want to go for the film degree so we can learn all aspects of the filming process. Our dream is to become Sitcom writers out in LA and FullSail is the only school I've found that actually teaches the differences in TV and the Big Screen writing and other aspects! All of your positive words make me very happy about the school!

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:29 AM

5 posts, read 16,300 times
I had a friend that went there (graduated 1.5 yr ago) and got a fantastic job in Las Vegas right away and recently found another great job in Nashville. I have only heard great things about it and have the understanding that it is one of best schools for what it offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando