Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM

5 posts, read 12,037 times

Advertisements

Mall of Millenia is great, nice crowd but not outlet crowded.

Anyone have any idea of the traffic or $$$ per square foot for Seminole Town Center in Sanford, FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
I don't go to any of them unless I need a last minute gift. The only one that bothers me though is Fashion Square. What a waste of land that close downtown and Baldwin Park.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Steve View Post
I don't go to any of them unless I need a last minute gift. The only one that bothers me though is Fashion Square. What a waste of land that close downtown and Baldwin Park.
Fashion Square's hayday ended when the Orlando Naval Training Center closed.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM

206 posts, read 414,992 times
They are seemingly "reinventing" themselves adding more services than regular retail.

Karate, tattoo, photo studio, the gym. Biggest coup: The Entrepreneurial Center they snagged from the Landmark Center downtown.

If they could absorb the Herndon Library (in the Sweet Tomatoes plaza) and the Herndon Post Office (off Bennett or Herndon), it could really be the start of something.

That's what I would try to do, to survive, if I were them. Get a mix of uses. Get some office space in there too.

I talked to the barista at Barnie's last time I was there and she said business picked up a lot once the business center went in.

Next step would be to sell off parts of their parking lot for mixed-used development. You could probably go pretty high against 50 and staircase down and formalize some of the throughways into streets. Make it pleasant to bike from Baldwin Park or Colonialtown.

It could certainly be a hub for activity East of downtown.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM

341 posts, read 761,937 times
I have been to Millenia and Florida. I have driven by Fashion Square, and the area kind of scared me to be honest. The Baldwin Park neighborhood was nice, though. It is obviously improving.

I was honestly pretty disappointed with Florida. I wasn't expecting it to be like Millenia but I thought it would at least be nice since it has a Saks and Nordstrom. I do think that I will like it better next time. The area around it needs to be improved. The entire mall needs a renovation also except for Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom, and the new outdoor part.

I absolutely loved Millenia though! It is my favorite mall! Even compared to Lenox Square in Atlanta, a larger, more upscale mall. Really the only reason though is the lack of the annoying kiosks, the amazing looks of Millenia, and the huge A&F store. Definitely the best looking mall I've ever seen.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:42 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Fashion Square is dying a slow painful death IMO, and I dont like seeing that. Its fairly small too. Colonial Plaza seems to be doing well across the street, and once Waterford opened, the residents of far east Orlando had a newer better place to shop

Florida Mall is closest to me, just a 4 mile, 45 minute drive up OBT Those who say the Florida Mall is trashy is only due to its proximity to Oak Ridge. Tourism keeps that mall pumping. Traffic there is a nightmare. Love Five Guys in the food court though, nothing like shopping and buying a burger and fries that are so greasy, it instantly causes acne, thats good eatin' lol

The Millenia Mall has to be my favorite, simply for the Sony store, and the only FYE left to my knowledge. Their food court is great for the smoothie place and Johnny Rocket's and I've been meaning to hit the Blue Martini on Ladies Night, I'll get there one of these days. Just being in there makes me feel wealthier knowing I can be in such a fancy place and not be kicked out

Havent been to the Altamonte Mall in years

Never been to Oviedo Marketplace

West Oaks was cool to me when I was like 10 years old, it was the closest mall to the Clarcona area

The Loop is full of tweens and teens having "jerk" competitions in front of the movie theater (if you dont know what "Jerking" is look up the New Boyz song "You're a Jerk" on youtube) Am I the only one who lives close to the Loop? The stores there are great, but the middle school kids and the trouble they cause is more than enough to make me drive the 32 miles to Waterford

Waterford has to be my favorite outdoor mall in Orlando

Does anybody remember the Osceola Square Mall when it was a much nicer place to shop back in the mid 90s?

Last edited by DavieJ89; 03-11-2012 at 10:51 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
I agree, Millenia Mall has very nice architecture and a crisp and clean feel to it.

It kind of reminds me of a cross between Phipps and Lenox....only if you wear shorts and flip flops there, you're not the only one.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:03 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Fashion Square is dying a slow painful death IMO, and I dont like seeing that. Its fairly small too. Colonial Plaza seems to be doing well across the street, and once Waterford opened, the residents of far east Orlando had a newer better place to shop

Florida Mall is closest to me, just a 4 mile, 45 minute drive up OBT Those who say the Florida Mall is trashy is only due to its proximity to Oak Ridge. Tourism keeps that mall pumping. Traffic there is a nightmare. Love Five Guys in the food court though, nothing like shopping and buying a burger and fries that are so greasy, it instantly causes acne, thats good eatin' lol

The Millenia Mall has to be my favorite, simply for the Sony store, and the only FYE left to my knowledge. Their food court is great for the smoothie place and Johnny Rocket's and I've been meaning to hit the Blue Martini on Ladies Night, I'll get there one of these days. Just being in there makes me feel wealthier knowing I can be in such a fancy place and not be kicked out

Havent been to the Altamonte Mall in years

Never been to Oviedo Marketplace

West Oaks was cool to me when I was like 10 years old, it was the closest mall to the Clarcona area

The Loop is full of tweens and teens having "jerk" competitions in front of the movie theater (if you dont know what "Jerking" is look up the New Boyz song "You're a Jerk" on youtube) Am I the only one who lives close to the Loop? The stores there are great, but the middle school kids and the trouble they cause is more than enough to make me drive the 32 miles to Waterford

Waterford has to be my favorite outdoor mall in Orlando

Does anybody remember the Osceola Square Mall when it was a much nicer place to shop back in the mid 90s?
The fact you ignored festival bay mall shows how unimportant it is in the Orlando mall scape. I think it dies first before fashion square

Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The fact you ignored festival bay mall shows how unimportant it is in the Orlando mall scape. I think it dies first before fashion square
I was actually going to list it but forgot to.....oops

I like Festival Bay for their movie theater, cheaper than the Regal Cinemas at Waterford and The Loop.

Festival Bay is a victim of being in a poor location. I think Bass Pro Shops and the movie theater and the skate park are the only 3 things keeping it going. Fuddrucker's is good too

But I'm not a skater nor a hunter, so I only like the movie theater and Fuddrucker's

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,180 times
Florida Mall has actually really improved over the last couple years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando