Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:52 PM

111 posts, read 239,419 times

Advertisements

I plan on getting a serving job at Disney World. I'm still planning through all the hoops you have to jump through to become a server at Disney. if anyone that works there could answer these questions:

1) what is the process of becoming a server at Disney world? I know it's complicated so I want a nice little run down lol.
2) Where do you work at and how much do you make (if you're comfortable telling that)?
3) How did you get your job?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 AM

388 posts, read 790,629 times
I am not a server at Disney, but have plenty of friends that are. It is NOT easy getting a full time serving position at Disney. My advice is take what you can get, even if it's part time in a restaurant at the bottom of the totem pole. Disney is all about seniority, and when something opens you can pounce on it. In the meantime, you can get a serving job elsewhere and wait it out. It's few and far between that you can get a good paying gig somewhere from the get go, so be patient. Casting is the way to go, and they will set you up with what you need. Be persistent, friendly, and continue to prove yourself, by knowing about food and wine. There are way too many servers that could care less, and no nothing about what they're serving. Managers like to see passion. If you end up with a full time gig at one of the "signature restaurants" or one that turns over tables like crazy, it is not unreasonable to make upwards of $60+k/year.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:34 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Try one of the high end restaurants on restaurant route in sand lake or in winter park while you wait out Disney if nothing is available

Old 11-17-2013, 05:45 PM

Yeah I'm actually going to be serving at Longhorns by Lake Buena Vista. I might be able to get a job at one of the Epcot signature restaurants around the world showcase because my family has worked at one of them for the past 30 years. I also have that nationality so I'm hoping I would be able to get the hook up but I'm just wondering more information about staffing and wage. Thank you guys for your information though!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:17 PM

55 posts, read 136,064 times
I am not a server, but I know a couple. Neither of them work full-time. One has been there about 8 years and works in a regular restaurant at Hollywood Studios. I believe he makes about $150-250 for a lunch/dinner shift depending on how busy the restaurant is. The other person I know works at a regular dining buffet at a resort. She has been working there about 5 years and has been asking for full time or character dining since she worked there but doesn't have the seniority yet. I think she makes from $100-200 a night, and she usually works two maybe three nights a week.

Many of the restaurants in EPCOT are not owned by Disney. I'm not sure if Disney staffs them or the owners. To get hired by Disney you have to go to casting and to work in a signature restaurant you have to take a test on your knowledge of wine.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM

Thank you ^^ Any other insight?

Old 01-09-2014, 04:27 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Interesting to see that servers are not making minimum wage as they toil in their tourist related jobs. The general consensus here would disagree with those figures because they know the truth. :-)

Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Interesting to see that servers are not making minimum wage as they toil in their tourist related jobs. The general consensus here would disagree with those figures because they know the truth. :-)

Servers make far more than minimum wage. Especially on Disney property.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:03 PM

Bump.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:26 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,966 times
Servers at Disney are probably getting weekly paychecks of $0-$40 but from their tips considering how busy and expensively overpriced the restaurants are they're probably doing fairly well,so pocketing $100-$200 per shift wouldn't surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando