Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:52 AM

388 posts, read 790,715 times

Advertisements

If you really love the parks, like we did, than I would not look into the north east side of town. We've lived here for 2.5 years and still go to the parks all the time. Dr. Phillips would be your #1 choice, followed by Windermere, Winter Garden, and even Williamsburg. We lived at an apt complex called the District that was very nice, but pricey. It was 15 minutes or less to Disney property and Universal, while also retaining the same zip code as Dr. Phillips. At that point, there was no question that DP was where we ultimately wanted to buy, it was just a matter of the right house coming up. We've been in DP for almost a year and couldn't be happier. It took my wife 3 years to get a teaching job down here while we were in NOVA, but patience paid off. Orange and Osceola Counties would be where I would look. I haven't checked in a couple years, but Osceola may pay a little bit more. I would avoid Lake for a variety of reasons, one of which is their insane Medical Insurance costs. Be prepared to spend north of $500/month for both of you to be covered on her plan. I implore you to have jobs lined up before you move, and remember that living here and vacationing here are two different things. Prepare to spend at least $1200/month for a nice apt/condo/etc. If you can make it work though, it's an amazing place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM

7 posts, read 18,239 times
Mr Idealism..

Thanks for the post. I think I would like to live close to the parks but as I think about it, I don't know if that is an absolute necessity. I am 16 hours or so away from there now and if I was moving to where I was an 1 hour away, I would take it! My job I work from home so I don't have any worries on my work. But my wife works in the school system just as a paraprofessional in special ed and the pay for that position seems to be the best in Seminole county, at least from my research looking a salary schedules.

We are still deciding. I have seen what looks like some nice apts in Oviedo and Winter Springs area. But again we are just looking and maybe come down and look around in several places. For me I hope to get here a job and pan out from that area so she isn't to terribly far from work.

Thanks again to you and all so far for your input!!!!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM

388 posts, read 790,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworld1977 View Post
Mr Idealism..

Thanks for the post. I think I would like to live close to the parks but as I think about it, I don't know if that is an absolute necessity. I am 16 hours or so away from there now and if I was moving to where I was an 1 hour away, I would take it! My job I work from home so I don't have any worries on my work. But my wife works in the school system just as a paraprofessional in special ed and the pay for that position seems to be the best in Seminole county, at least from my research looking a salary schedules.

We are still deciding. I have seen what looks like some nice apts in Oviedo and Winter Springs area. But again we are just looking and maybe come down and look around in several places. For me I hope to get here a job and pan out from that area so she isn't to terribly far from work.

Thanks again to you and all so far for your input!!!!

Just bear in mind that living in a place like Oviedo means an hr from the parks in normal traffic plus tolls.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,157 times
Can someone tell me what area is country living around Lake Mary, trying to relocate but I want to be in the Seminole School district..

Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 18,239 times
Mr Idealism...

I am 16 hours away now from the parks. I shouldn't scream about being an hour away...lol

My job was 45 minutes plus sometimes in this Houston traffic, so I am use to it. I would rather spend an hour in traffic on my way somewhere fun than an hour to boring work. LOL. I would rather my wife have a shorter drive to work than a shorter drive to the parks.

Just messing, but you see where I am coming from.

We are coming for sure now in March. Can't wait to check out some areas!!!

Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM

698 posts, read 960,064 times
How about Casselberry, Longwood or Lake Mary?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Lake Mary
Longwood
Casselberry

In that order... all nice and safe... top 2 are just a bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando