Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM

4 posts, read 7,190 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am a married medical student moving to Orlando in a couple weeks, so far there are 2 areas that stand out to me as OK that fit in my budget ($850). I will be spending most of my time at Florida Hospital & Southlake Hospital. I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE give me honest feedback about Metrowest (specifically Hampton's or Madison Condos) and Winter Park (specifically Amber Lakes Apts). I realize with my budget I can't afford luxury living but I'm fine with that since I'm a student and will be working most of the time anyway. I just want somewhere decent and safe to live - help!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 AM

24,324 posts, read 26,708,197 times
One of my friends used to live in the Hampton's. That was back in 2007 though. It was nice back then, but I haven't seen it since. Winter Park is nicer than Metrowest. HOWEVER, the apartment building in Winter Park isn't in the best part, so out of these two developments, I would choose Metrowest.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM

388 posts, read 787,019 times
From what I gather, the actual apts at Hamptons are nice, but you couldn't pay me to live there. I go to a restaurant right at the entrance and constantly see unsavory people going in and out of there.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 AM

133 posts, read 275,987 times
Metrowest. Check out Serenata as well. Just be aware of your surroundings.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Thank you for comments I REALLY appreciate it, although I hear the crime is worse in Metrowest I am leaning that way because the commute to both hospitals is about the same. @Xx2011xX I'm going to checkout Serenata too - Thanks!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 AM

24,324 posts, read 26,708,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2930 View Post
Thank you for comments I REALLY appreciate it, although I hear the crime is worse in Metrowest I am leaning that way because the commute to both hospitals is about the same. @Xx2011xX I'm going to checkout Serenata too - Thanks!
I wouldn't be worried about metrowest unless you had children. it looks like disney world compared to most parts of the usa, so as a young adult, don't worry about the crime there.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:47 AM

133 posts, read 275,987 times
The Summit at Metrowest Apartments, and Harbortown Apartments are also within your budget.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:18 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,419,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2930 View Post
Hi everyone, I am a married medical student moving to Orlando in a couple weeks, so far there are 2 areas that stand out to me as OK that fit in my budget ($850). I will be spending most of my time at Florida Hospital & Southlake Hospital. I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE give me honest feedback about Metrowest (specifically Hampton's or Madison Condos) and Winter Park (specifically Amber Lakes Apts). I realize with my budget I can't afford luxury living but I'm fine with that since I'm a student and will be working most of the time anyway. I just want somewhere decent and safe to live - help!

Thanks
In general, Winter Park is a nicer area than Metrowest.. Metrowest used to be a good area but in recent years crime has increased in certain parts and people have moved to other areas, there are still nice areas though.. Your best bet would be to visit both areas in person and tour the apartment communities so you can get a better feel.. Best of luck!

Old 01-30-2014, 02:41 PM

428 posts, read 1,077,090 times
You could look to rent a garage apt. In Baldwin Park for that price.
Some are very nice.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
You could look to rent a garage apt. In Baldwin Park for that price.
Some are very nice.
I'm planning on seeing the places that have been suggested on this thread. I don't even know where to start looking for garage apartments! I guess I'll just drive around aimlessly when I get there and explore the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando