Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:34 PM

49 posts, read 105,342 times

Advertisements

Thanks, yes we are looking for long term at least 12-18 months. We want at least 3 bedrooms, a fenced in yard, a neighborhood with sidewalks and a tot lot. Must be child and pet friendly. We have 2 children, and a shih tzu. Trying to stay within the <$1100 to $1300 range. Now this is where I noticed that the suburbs of Tampa had more variety within that price range than Clermont. Clermont rentals with our criteria seemed to fall more within the $1400-1600 price range for the most part.

We noticed that where we stayed was within 30 mins of Disney and downtown Orlando, though the drive felt alot shorter than that especially once we were introduced to the back roads. We stayed in Tradd's Landing and actually visited Lake Louisa during our stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
yep Clermont is actually very small. so they charge what they want and soo many homes are the " vacation homes" $400+ a week all furniture and elect -water included thing... that is only draw back, other than that- is is beautiful to look at. and I again will vouch for the schools. The only reason My kids are staying in that location. They are looking for bigger quarters, but the pup is a problem too- NO pets in many houses. I know for a fact that there are many people moving to Fl. usually flock to the cities as that is where the work is. I on my way to Orlando myself, but not sure where, as I have the job, but not sure on location -so Clermont it is for a few weeks. Hope you get a good realtor- so far the kids only had a few responses and one was a scam another a nice house had partial furniture and such,, not what they need, and some kids could not play outside, not so safe.... so good luck! I'm coming from Tampa... they have alot for kids here, again it's borders are booming again.

Last edited by tinytrump; 02-03-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yep Clermont is actually very small. so they charge what they want and soo many homes are the " vacation homes" $400+ a week all furniture and elect -water included thing... that is only draw back, other than that- is is beautiful to look at. and I again will vouch for the schools. The only reason My kids are staying in that location. They are looking for bigger quarters, but the pup is a problem too- NO pets in many houses. I know for a fact that there are many people moving to Fl. usually flock to the cities as that is where the work is. I on my way to Orlando myself, but not sure where, as I have the job, but not sure on location -so Clermont it is for a few weeks. Hope you get a good realtor- so far the kids only had a few responses and one was a scam another a nice house had partial furniture and such,, not what they need, and some kids could not play outside, not so safe.... so good luck! I'm coming from Tampa... they have alot for kids here, again it's borders are booming again.
You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Clermont is far from "Very small." It covers 12 square miles and has around 30,000 full time, year round residents.

Additionally about half of Clermont falls within the city limits where short term rental is not allowed--and that is enforced.

There are definitely homes in the OP's price range that meet their criteria in Clermont, and as long as they qualify based on income and credit there will be no problem renting one. Most will request references on the pet from the current landlord as well as an additional pet fee in the $200 to one months rent range. A quick search of the MLS shows several of them in decent to great neighborhoods. If it's on the MLS it's not likely to be a scam. Keep in mind that many Realtors don't like to bother with other Realtors rental listings as there is such as small profit to be made on rentals. Best is to go straight to the listing agent.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:12 PM

quote You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Clermont is far from "Very small." It covers 12 square miles and has around 30,000 full time, year round residents.

Can I compare it to Lakeland 74 SQ miles and 100K people-no-- Plant city- 22 SQ mi.-approx 35K people? , Haines city- 20K with almost 9 sq mi. kinda--It's OK, Clermont is a nice place.!!
I'm from Miami/S-Fl. and I consider Tampa to be a big town and it's got 179 SQ mi, with approx 347K people. I am a city gal. Because its is small the schools will be good- less problems and less kids. Less traffic and less anything major... although with the Rt 27 widening... there will be more connecting going on in the future. If I were to buy a home, I'd go to the north part of Clermont near RT50 , I like more yard with a non cookie cutter style home. But I am not buying, and I am going to find my place near the airport. I saw one townhouse with a small pool, I thought was heavenly... just right for grandma. (me)- but I do not know neighborhoods yet...so later for me.
The kids applied for a nice place today, they want lots of living space, but also to save $$ to buy next yr, so maybe their search is over.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
Thanks, yes we are looking for long term at least 12-18 months. We want at least 3 bedrooms, a fenced in yard, a neighborhood with sidewalks and a tot lot. Must be child and pet friendly. We have 2 children, and a shih tzu. Trying to stay within the <$1100 to $1300 range. Now this is where I noticed that the suburbs of Tampa had more variety within that price range than Clermont. Clermont rentals with our criteria seemed to fall more within the $1400-1600 price range for the most part.

We noticed that where we stayed was within 30 mins of Disney and downtown Orlando, though the drive felt alot shorter than that especially once we were introduced to the back roads. We stayed in Tradd's Landing and actually visited Lake Louisa during our stay.

The kids rented at frst in Tradds, the playground was smalll n pool ok NOT heated in winter,,, they seemto have some more rentals there, quiet place- lots of teens but my grands only find 1 kid her age in that community.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,803 times
Hello MD84, as someone who has lived in both Tampa (I lived in a suburb called new tampa, it was 15 min away from wesley chapel) and someone who currently lives in Clermont I would say both do share similarities, however Tampa suburbs are completely different then Clermont in terms of geography and urban development. Clermont has more of a secluded suburb feel, it's 35 min away from downtown Orlando and Disney (via turnpike) but yet manages to have a more peaceful and quite ambient. Tampa suburbs on the other hand from my personal experience don't really have a suburb feel to them (depending on which ones) to me personally they just feel like urban extensions of metro tampa but with densely packed houses and subdivisions. Another difference is that in Clermont feels more like a suburb and a perfect place to raise a family, it's safe, quiet and while it's a relatively small suburb there is still plenty of stuff here and Clermont keeps growing day by day! Clermont also has great schools and Montverde academy which is one of the states best private schools is only 15 min away. Regarding your claim that Clermont is too spaced out and rural, from what I recall wesley chapel was pretty similar but then again that was 4 years ago so things could have changed. It's your choice, I personally have lived in both places and prefer Clermont, the hills here are beutiful (only place in the state with hills) and while the ocean isn't as close, there are really nice lakes here people really enjoy for watersports. One last thing regarding your church question, Clermont has a lot of churches, there is Real life, Celebration of praise, Family christian and center and a whole bunch more. Well that's my view, but whatever suits you, it also depends on what area of clermont you visited and where you plan to live, because there is a big difference between South Clermont and Clermont near highway 50.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 PM

I don't like New Tampa either I'm more Oldsmar,,,Cleawater I did like it as it was closer to the beach- but the trafffic got to me. I work in Tampa. Once I get settled in Olrando I'll look around, Clermont is great for family, kids and such.. am just an old dingbat who misses the culture, the walk n talk of Miami beach... so can't go by me. I might move down town Orlando,,, who knows? I know nothing about the place except the parks. and it is the Bible belt so plenty of good churches,,,

Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The kids rented at frst in Tradds, the playground was smalll n pool ok NOT heated in winter,,, they seemto have some more rentals there, quiet place- lots of teens but my grands only find 1 kid her age in that community.
I thought the same of the pool and playground in Tradd's, that they were small. I saw at least a handful of kids while I was there, but they didn't play outside. The others I saw outside were bike riding with their mother.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguecolombia View Post
Hello MD84, as someone who has lived in both Tampa (I lived in a suburb called new tampa, it was 15 min away from wesley chapel) and someone who currently lives in Clermont I would say both do share similarities, however Tampa suburbs are completely different then Clermont in terms of geography and urban development. Clermont has more of a secluded suburb feel, it's 35 min away from downtown Orlando and Disney (via turnpike) but yet manages to have a more peaceful and quite ambient. Tampa suburbs on the other hand from my personal experience don't really have a suburb feel to them (depending on which ones) to me personally they just feel like urban extensions of metro tampa but with densely packed houses and subdivisions. Another difference is that in Clermont feels more like a suburb and a perfect place to raise a family, it's safe, quiet and while it's a relatively small suburb there is still plenty of stuff here and Clermont keeps growing day by day! Clermont also has great schools and Montverde academy which is one of the states best private schools is only 15 min away. Regarding your claim that Clermont is too spaced out and rural, from what I recall wesley chapel was pretty similar but then again that was 4 years ago so things could have changed. It's your choice, I personally have lived in both places and prefer Clermont, the hills here are beutiful (only place in the state with hills) and while the ocean isn't as close, there are really nice lakes here people really enjoy for watersports. One last thing regarding your church question, Clermont has a lot of churches, there is Real life, Celebration of praise, Family christian and center and a whole bunch more. Well that's my view, but whatever suits you, it also depends on what area of clermont you visited and where you plan to live, because there is a big difference between South Clermont and Clermont near highway 50.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear from someone who can compare the two locations from experience. Honestly, we haven't had a chance to travel to Wesley Chapel, of all I know of the place is from research online and looking at rentals through MLS. Though we did go to Clearwater Beach while we were there, I loved it, one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. I'm not much of a lake person though, I prefer the beach. We went to Lake Louisa while there, scenery was nice but I was bored. I like to be close to activities, restaurants etc but once I'm home I like to be in a chill area with quiet. But I also favor having a walk score or a place with some "walkability". We currently live in a small town, that is a planned community, it's a very unique place. We love it here but it's very expensive. Finding a place that has the same qualities as where we currently are is key, which includes family oriented, safe, great schools and quiet. I think we stayed in South Clermont. I keep hearing that there is a big difference between the two. More and more I'm leaning towards Clermont though I'd still like to see what Wesley Chapel has to offer too.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
I thought the same of the pool and playground in Tradd's, that they were small. I saw at least a handful of kids while I was there, but they didn't play outside. The others I saw outside were bike riding with their mother.
It might have been my family!!! depends when-- yea I take walks at night around the neighborhood when I visited -- another lock your door never come out place-- I hate them- pretty but friendless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando