Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 7,973 times

Advertisements

What can anybody tell me about the northern most area of Kissimmee just south of the Osceola Pkwy? Between Boggy Creek and Buenaventura?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,108,183 times
The only Yee Haw Junction I have ever heard of is South...... down where RT 60 and the Fl Turnpike meet West of Vero Beach. It's just a little bitty town.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,347,886 times
I'm assuming you're referring to Buenaventura Lakes? According to City-data, it's called Yeehaw Junction for some odd reason. Yeehaw Junction is some irrelevant town in Osceola County. OTOH, BVL is a working-class/lower middle-class area. It's also predominantly Hispanic (as is a lot of Osceola County and South Orlando). The last time I drove around that area, it seemed pretty run-down in most parts. But I think they are doing some new construction closer to Boggy Creek leading to the airport? Anyways, I think there are much better areas, especially outside of Osceola County.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:07 AM

35,339 posts, read 20,699,860 times
I drive by and seems like a viable place to live closer to work- will be checking it out- looks fine to me, but I am in the working class

Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 AM

452 posts, read 706,207 times
I grew up about 40 miles from Yeehaw Junction (it's called that because that's it's name). Buenaventura is a new name. It's quiet and there's good hunting just west of there (River Ranch and surrounding areas). It's just a little spot in the road. (Idk if it's still there, but the big thing was: if you went into the restroom alone, you got freaked out because when you close the door, a mannequin pops out at you. (That was years ago, idk if it's still there, but not much changes in Yeehaw)

Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,347,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I drive by and seems like a viable place to live closer to work- will be checking it out- looks fine to me, but I am in the working class
Well, the area has a straight shot to Disney World and it also has easy access to the Florida Turnpike (which can be good and/or bad). It's pretty much an inexpensive area that services a lot of workers that need access to the tourist areas and airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando