Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 02:29 PM

15 posts, read 31,725 times

Advertisements

Hello, My family , we live in Stuart Florida right now. I have relatives in Orlando, we will be moving in summertime. We looking for very nice place subdivision with lots of latinos and Puerto Ricans . I have cousins that told me Orlando has lots of latinos and nicest are avalon park and hunter creek. Info would be appreciate Thanks!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 04:38 AM

27,181 posts, read 43,867,759 times
LOL, I find it odd not one person has replied to this post in the Orlando forum (not!).....You were correct with Hunter's Creek and would add neighboring Meadow Woods to the list. I don't think Avalon Park so much. You might find a section or two of Buenaventura Lakes a possibility.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:03 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,362,871 times
You might find a FEW areas like that. For example, Hunters Creek is somewhat luxurious and has a significant Puerto Rican population. There is also this one area in Meadow Woods called Wyndham Lakes, but it's more to the East. But most of Meadow Woods itself doesn't look luxurious at all. BVL also isn't luxurious, but there are some areas off Boggy Creek Road which have a more rural and somewhat affluent setting. If I were you, I would look into these areas: Kissimmee Bay, Remington, Kissimmee Oaks or Hunters Creek.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
East Orlando all along Lake Underhill and Curry Ford has a significant Hispanic population but the homes tend to be older. There are a few communities that are nicer than the surrounding area but I don't know the names, you would really need to drive around. It also depends on what you consider "lots", there are many areas in CFL that we wouldn't consider to be a Latino area, but compared to some other parts of Florida, would be considered to have many Hispanic residents. For instance, Altamonte Springs is primarily white but has a significant Hispanic presence. Compared to where you are coming from in Stuart you may consider it alot, while here compared to East Orlando or South Orlando we wouldn't say so. Spring Oaks is nice neighborhood in Altamonte you might want to consider, maybe not luxurious but certainly nice and there are plenty of Hispanic families living there.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
You aren't going to find a luxury neighborhood that is predominantly Hispanic.

You will however, find people of Hispanic origin in most luxury neighborhoods. I live in what many would consider a luxury neighborhood and out of 35 homes, I want to think that 4-5 are owned by Hispanics. These are not people who are going to go around shouting about their heritage, although they don't try to hide it, either.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You aren't going to find a luxury neighborhood that is predominantly Hispanic.

You will however, find people of Hispanic origin in most luxury neighborhoods. I live in what many would consider a luxury neighborhood and out of 35 homes, I want to think that 4-5 are owned by Hispanics. These are not people who are going to go around shouting about their heritage, although they don't try to hide it, either.
Very well put Annerk.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:39 PM

148 posts, read 339,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyoricanpapi View Post
Hello, My family , we live in Stuart Florida right now. I have relatives in Orlando, we will be moving in summertime. We looking for very nice place subdivision with lots of latinos and Puerto Ricans . I have cousins that told me Orlando has lots of latinos and nicest are avalon park and hunter creek. Info would be appreciate Thanks!.
Everyone's definition of luxury is going to vary, but as a former resident of Avalon Park, I can assure you that there are definitely a lot of Hispanics/Puerto Ricans in that area. I personally am not a huge fan of that side of town but many people certainly are. If you can visit Avalon during one of their town center festivals, you might just feel like you are walking around in Old San Juan.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:52 PM

56 posts, read 119,398 times
You have received great advice from everyone here, but I do want to add that while Hunter's Creek is definitely a nice, middle to almost upper middle class part of town, it is not predominantly Hispanic as neighboring Meadow Woods and Southchase on the other side of Orange Blossom Trail is. It has a significant Hispanic presence, for sure, and it's a really convenient place to live, but if you want a more dominant Hispanic influence, east of Orange Blossom Trail is where you want to be. Wyndham Lakes is an up and coming middle to upper middle class area in that part of town. However, don't let me dissuade you from Hunter's Creek because it's a solid, nice area filled with a nice mixture of people. You definitely wouldn't go wrong living there.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM

15 posts, read 31,725 times
Thank you for the respond. My wife went to Avalon park, she say it is nice nice. Lot of Puerto rican there too, we looking for house to rent now. She say it like a celebration neighborhood. It looks like rich houses also but I can afford it. We found houses for cheaper but very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando