Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:20 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,940,020 times

Advertisements

People complain that there is no money in Florida then turn around and tell tourists not to come because the crime is bad blah blah.

The truth is crime is all over the world I have lived in Orlando for over 20 years and never had a problem and I have been all over even the bad parts of town.

Just come down and enjoy yourself and use common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 AM

732 posts, read 4,148,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpEcT View Post
I would stay away from any place that "IS" Paramore, Sanford, Pine Hills.......East Altamonte, Rosemont, Oakridge, South Apopka, South Kirkman, and a small portion of Winter Park....good luck
It was sarcastic

Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,076 times
Default Orlando

There are manyfun things to do here with 3 major parks and the several under each. The beach is an hour away. it is also a good central point if you want to drive to miami or even key west. You may find good concerts , plays or a ton of things. Its a great place to be.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,517,658 times
Las Vegas & New York has just as must crime as Orlando. ALL US cities have crime. Some more than others.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 PM

32 posts, read 119,227 times
Top advice. I think we're coming to Orlando!

Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM

57 posts, read 58,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Las Vegas & New York has just as must crime as Orlando. ALL US cities have crime. Some more than others.

Some more than others...you even said it yourself...Orlando has a higher crime rate than those cities and a higher rate than most tourists would know about because the tourist corridor isnt next to the actuall city really.....so saying that ....there are lots of beautifull places to live around Orlando though and tons of things to do....i have been here for almost 8 years now and have not done or seen everything to do in Orlando...There are cool areas like Doctor Phillips, the Winter Park Village, Waterford Lakes, Downtown Altamonte at Cranes Roost park, All the nightlife downtown, ..ect.....and lots more stuff that the tourists miss out on outside of the theme park/ tourist areas.....I would love to stay here but unfortunatly i dont make alot of money to enjoy what Orlando has to offer...and that is one of the issues living here day to day...there are lots of people like me that dont make good money in Orlando....but even so ....i love the weather here except for the lightning and if i get bored and dont have money i can go to City Walk or Downtown Disney and walk around to get out of the house....or i can go see a shooting or robbery in Pine Hills for entertainment too....LOL....just a little joke...but im sure the OP will have a good time here on vacation

Old 12-11-2007, 05:43 PM

131 posts, read 293,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
It was sarcastic
How is someone from AU supposed to know that?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM

732 posts, read 4,148,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
How is someone from AU supposed to know that?
Because they know they are high crime areas.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM

135 posts, read 709,499 times
i don't think anyone was saying not to come here; the op asked for places to avoid and we gave them

Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM

32 posts, read 119,227 times
The main places we're coming to see are Disneyworld/Seaworld/Universal and Miami. By all reports I think we should be fine. New York is probably more crime riddled than Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando