Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,300 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are planning to move to Lake Mary from Cincinnati and would like to find some information.

1) What are the apartments are good?
2) What about the schools?
3) Is it a safe and secure place to live?
4) Which apartment has more Indian community?
5) some of the apartments website shows, we need to pay for even using the dishwasher, is that true?

Still have more questions and will post later. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityinfo2014 View Post
Hi,

We are planning to move to Lake Mary from Cincinnati and would like to find some information.

1) What are the apartments are good?
2) What about the schools?
3) Is it a safe and secure place to live?
4) Which apartment has more Indian community?
5) some of the apartments website shows, we need to pay for even using the dishwasher, is that true?

Still have more questions and will post later. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Lake Mary is very sought after to live in because it's very safe and the schools among the best in the state. What is your rental budget for an apartment?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:40 AM

I am looking for a 2/3 bedroom 2bath apartment around $1000. Is there any new apartment in that location? I saw the following apartments online.

Pebble Creek
Bell Timaucan
Colonial Grand at Heathrow

How old are those apartments? What about the utilities? Do we need to lease the washer/dryer, dishwasher, etc?

Are there are 2 story apartments? The pictures on Bell Timaucan shows like that. And also, I am considering Heathrow elementary school. So, what are the apartments falls in that category?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:33 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
Colonial Grand at Lake Mary is very new but you won't find a 2 bed/2 bath in a new complex for $1000, maybe a 1BR

Many apartments will include a dishwasher, some will include washer/dryer. Utilities you pay for.
Most places will charge extra for water/sewer/trash

Might be best to just go on a few tours and see what you can get for $1000/month.
You could also do a search on CD, there have been many postings recently with apartment suggestions in that area.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:55 PM

185 posts, read 457,422 times
1) I just signed a lease at Bell Timaucan. It was their 2/2 split floor plan with stainless appliances for around $1250/mo. $1100-$1300 is about the going rate for a 2/2. My roommate has been living there for a year or two now and he likes it. Not my first choice because of the age of the place (I think the kitchen is outdated - even with brand new stainless appliances - but I'm picky)

It has washer/dryer, dishwasher, optional garage. You pay extra for water/trash/sewer/all utilities.

2) I don't know anything about the schools anyway in Orlando - so no comment on that.

3) I haven't lived in LM yet but everyone says it's great as far as safety is concerned. Sanford is just down the road - I don't have the same opinions on that area.

4) Indian community? Dunno - everywhere is fairly diverse as far as I know. I'm used to living near East Orlando around UCF and I know it's fairly diverse there.

5) I've never heard of paying extra for a dishwasher - usually they have them or not. Washer/Dryer is different story. Some places (most) come with them, others you either pay extra, bring your own or some don't even have hookups. Sub-$1k budget - you'll prolly be hauling your stuff to the laundromat.

Just another note - if you are looking for a 2 or 3 br anywhere in the Orlando-metro you are going to pay more than $1,000. If you pay less (they exist) it will not be in a good neighborhood. Be warned!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityinfo2014 View Post
I am looking for a 2/3 bedroom 2bath apartment around $1000. Is there any new apartment in that location? I saw the following apartments online.

Pebble Creek
Bell Timaucan
Colonial Grand at Heathrow

How old are those apartments? What about the utilities? Do we need to lease the washer/dryer, dishwasher, etc?

Are there are 2 story apartments? The pictures on Bell Timaucan shows like that. And also, I am considering Heathrow elementary school. So, what are the apartments falls in that category?

They're all newish, pretty much all within the past several years if that's "new" enough for you. A that price appliances including washers/dryers are included in the rent. Utilities average around $100 a month for most. In terms of two stories check out Ballantrae in Sanford. The schools are the same and it's a very safe neighborhood.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadidonato View Post

3) I haven't lived in LM yet but everyone says it's great as far as safety is concerned. Sanford is just down the road - I don't have the same opinions on that area.
That's an interesting concept. So the levels of safety and crime change within blocks from Lake Mary's city limit to Sanford's? As a long time resident I can assure you that's not the case. The western 50% of Sanford is every bit as safe as Lake Mary with lower rent/home prices and equally good (or better schools). But in the end whatever makes you and others feel better...

Old 05-21-2014, 08:25 AM

Thanks all for the suggestions and thoughts. It helps.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's an interesting concept. So the levels of safety and crime change within blocks from Lake Mary's city limit to Sanford's? As a long time resident I can assure you that's not the case. The western 50% of Sanford is every bit as safe as Lake Mary with lower rent/home prices and equally good (or better schools). But in the end whatever makes you and others feel better...
You know I agree with you Kyle. There are even safe parts outside of the west side of Sanford. If you live in Lake Mary, you will find yourself shopping, dining, etc in Sanford all the time.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:03 PM

77 posts, read 118,634 times
As someone who recently went thru this extensive research I have key insight.

After visiting practically every apt complex in the area, I ended up in Bell Timacuan. It's beautiful here .. But I made a fatal mistake. I have 3 young kids (2 school aged) and it turns out that Timacuan is zoned in some "school cluster" and since we were late, our youngest ended up in Seminole County's worst rated school.

We were in shock since one of the best elementary schools Crystal Lake is right down the street and the bad one is in Sanford.

So .. We scrambled and are closing on a house in Heathrow where he would go to Heathrow Elementary and our oldest to Markham Woods.

If you're going with an apt, the only complex that has Heathrow Elementary assigned is the Colonial Grand Heathrow. Our backup plan was to move there to get the address and good school assignment.

After all, we're moving to Lake Mary for the great schools ... And there are some beautiful neighborhoods that belong to these clusters that can send your child to a whole other neighborhood in neighboring 'not-so-nice' Sanford school with a very low rating! I hear this is all new to the area and many not happy with the situation.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando