Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 PM

66 posts, read 114,364 times

Advertisements

Ana G. Mendez University System is an institution from Puerto Rico with three campuses in Florida (Orlando, Tampa and Miami) and one campus in Maryland.

Main Address:
5600 S Semoran Blvd
Orlando, FL 32822

Don't spend your personal money or financial aid in this college. Don't ever get a student loan for this school. It's supposed to be a bilingual university and classes are taught in English and Spanish, but many professors have a so poor English pronunciation that it's difficult to understand them. Spanish language in Puerto Rico is full of bad habits. Most professors come from Puerto Rico with bad habits in the Spanish language and pretend to teach in English with such bad habits.

The Orlando Campus is very unstable administratively. They constantly change personnel and the turn over is high. When I was studying there, there was a scandal because two of the employees from the Student Services Office were involved in a financial aid fraud scheme. Work ethics is almost nonexistent in this campus.

The school is accredited by the Middle States Association and licensed to operate in the state of Florida as well in Maryland, which serves only for financial aid purposes. However, when it comes to educational quality, most of its academic programs aren't accredited by professional organizations.

For example, the Master's Degree in Guidance Counseling isn't accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP). That means that students graduated from this academic program will probably fail the state examination for Guidance Counselors.

Copy and paste is notorious among its students as well academic dishonesty. Professors know how blatant is the academic dishonesty, but prefer to pretend that they don't know anything.

The worst part is when you're looking for a job after graduation because most employers don't know anything about this school, so you have to explain employers what the hell is the school where you graduated from.

This has been one of my mistakes that I most regret. If you still consider that this school is for you, it's because probably you can't get admitted to a better school. I assure you that you will graduate with a big debt and a very poor education. My English was poor when I moved from Puerto Rico to the states, but I didn't learn it in Ana G. Méndez. I learned my English in the school of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando