Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:16 AM

6 posts, read 39,385 times

Advertisements

Absolutely, the advice was extremely helpful and was appreciated. I read the responses to my questions, and also read a lot of the other threads. Although I had to dig deeper to get more info, I at least had a starting point. I am glad we decided to spend the time and money and visit the area instead of making a decision from more than a thousand miles away -- From searching the internet we found what looked like the best option. After visiting, we found that there were smashed and boarded up windows, and there was a reason why they had 24-hour security guards on site. That place went to the bottom of the list fast. There's nothing like seeing it in person. Although my daughter didn't have the time to visit and make the choice herself, she trusts my judgment. And her safety was the most important issue to me. Thanks to everyone who offered advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 07:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Disney has complexes for the student workers so if she is in that program it will be provided. On the back side of the park, employee parking is an apt where many disney people live. Often they room wit each other. you might check Craigslist and see if there is anyone seeking a roomie to keep her expenses down.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM

Yes, on the back side by the employee parking lot is Buena Vista Place - they are the ones that require 4 local paychecks before moving in. Otherwise, it would have been perfect. She checked for roommates first but nothing panned out. And she is not on the student program, so Disney housing would not be available. But we feel comfortable going with Camden World Gateway and she will be able to move in the week-end before she reports to Disney. And since her boyfriend decided to move with her, he will help with expenses. But thanks for the suggestions.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,995 times
ok i need some help i just moved here and and i got a job with disney now i m looking for a place to stay that is not alot of money i have two kids and a dog anyone can point me in the right way would be alot of help thanks for taking the time

Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
What do you consider affordable?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:51 PM

I posted previously about Camden World Gateway. Three months after moving in my daughter was robbed - while she was at work, fortunately. So much for a gated community. Nothing is foolproof. Be alert and observant. You can try Cagan Crossings on Route 27. There might be a waiting list but sometimes it goes quickly. Many Disney employees live there.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,802 times
Cool Lake Buena Vista

I second Lake Buena Vista. its a decent area for apartments, and there are services there and also in Kissimmee.

close to the park maingate.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,985,603 times
A couple words of advice when apartment hunting. Take a look at what items are sitting on porches and patios and if there are bike racks in the parking lots. An indication that thievery is a concern will be evident by the lack of personal items in view. Conversely, if there are bikes in the racks and patio furniture on decks/porches/patios, then it can be relatively safe to say that thefts are not a common occurrence. This isn't a fail-safe method for determining safety, but a somewhat logical one.

Another thing we discovered during our search is that medium or smaller sized complexes seemed to feel more "safe" -- residents more or less know, at least by face, who belongs there and who doesn't. As strangers parking and walking around these smaller complexes, we were stared at a lot more than at the larger, more spread-out complexes. Again, not a totally fail-safe method, but at least helpful.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 16,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jens1930 View Post
ok i need some help i just moved here and and i got a job with disney now i m looking for a place to stay that is not alot of money i have two kids and a dog anyone can point me in the right way would be alot of help thanks for taking the time
My daughter also works for Disney and she is looking for a roommate she just rented a 3 bedroom, 3 bath apartment any one interested please email ord-84@hotmail.com the rent is 416.00 with cable and hbo and utilities 1/3 each should not be that much more, just water and electricity she is 25 and has worked there almost 4 years and loves it. the apartment is 10 minutes from disney. the place is victoria park in davenport fl

Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 AM

7 posts, read 14,648 times
There is a newer apartment/condo complex called Mirabella very close to Disney. It is private and is a truely gated communitity. I rent close by in Celebration and I am considering moving there myself. Also another alternative would be a garge apartment in Celebration. A lot of the homes in Celebration have detached garages with one bedroom/studios above them. Most are furnished and range from $750 to $900 a month. When you go on Craigs List type Celebration, Fl and Mirabella, Orlando.
Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando