Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:37 PM

77 posts, read 118,634 times

Advertisements

Is Heathrow considered everything west of I-4 up to Sanford (Markham Rd) and down Markham Woods Rd to Longwood (Lake Mary Blvd) and does it include Magnolia Plantation and Alaqua Lakes?

How far up Intl Parkway is considered Heathrow?

Is any of Sanford in Heathrow? Is any of Longwood in Heathrow?

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 04:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoFL2014 View Post
Is Heathrow considered everything west of I-4 up to Sanford (Markham Rd) and down Markham Woods Rd to Longwood (Lake Mary Blvd) and does it include Magnolia Plantation and Alaqua Lakes?

How far up Intl Parkway is considered Heathrow?

Is any of Sanford in Heathrow? Is any of Longwood in Heathrow?

Thx

Heathrow is the name of a gated subdivision. It starts on the west side of I4 on Lake Mary Blvd and runs along the I4 up to 46A. It's made up of a group of smaller subdivisions inside with all different priced homes. I'm pretty sure all of those homes have a Lake Mary address. I hope this makes sense. Magnolia Plantation and Alaqua Lakes are other subdivisions that are not part of Heathrow. Magnolia Plantation is in Sanford and Aluqua is in Lake Mary and Longwood. All of them are very nice and in a good area.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:13 PM

148 posts, read 339,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Heathrow is the name of a gated subdivision. It starts on the west side of I4 on Lake Mary Blvd and runs along the I4 up to 46A. It's made up of a group of smaller subdivisions inside with all different priced homes. I'm pretty sure all of those homes have a Lake Mary address. I hope this makes sense. Magnolia Plantation and Alaqua Lakes are other subdivisions that are not part of Heathrow. Magnolia Plantation is in Sanford and Aluqua is in Lake Mary and Longwood. All of them are very nice and in a good area.

Actually, Magnolia Plantation is in Lake Mary while Alaqua Lakes and Alaqua are technically in Longwood. All of Heathrow ( the gated subdivision Becky referred to ) have a Lake Mary 32746 address, although some residents and property records may list their city as being Heathrow, FL. There is also Heathrow Woods off Markham Woods Road ( across from the old Bridgewater Drive entrance). Heathrow Woods is part of Heathrow as well, but the price of admission there is a bit higher than the median price of homes inside Heathrow. Confused yet? LOL...

Anyway, I think the surrounding areas here have just attached their name or establishment to Heathrow due in part to Heathrow's name recognition and its sense of exclusivity. There's a Primrose school off Orange Blvd. in Sanford with a sign that says "Primrose Lake Mary/Heathrow", Townhomes nearby labeled "At Heathrow", the most extreme example I've seen is a subdivision in Sorrento 20 minutes away called "Heathrow Country Estates". Collectively, I think some consider Lake Mary West of I4 and the Markham Woods Road area north of E.E. Williamson all the way down to the Sanford border to be "in the Heathrow area".

When I used to work over in Baldwin Park, there was a lower income Apartment Complex off 436 that changed their name to "Baldwin River Apartments" or something like that, and some of the businesses off 50 also changed their name to be somewhat synonymous with Baldwin Park. The same can be said for Lake Nona, Windermere, etc. Funny thing is when I lived near Bithlo , the businesses and subdivisions there seemed to distance themselves from the "Bithlo" moniker.

Lastly, if you are on Markham Woods Road from 434 to Lake Mary Blvd up to Alaqua Lakes, you are technically in Longwood. North of Lake Mary Blvd on Markham Woods Road is all Lake Mary until you get to Markham Road. But, the South Side of Markham Road ( Carrisbrooke, Acuera, etc.) is still Lake Mary. Across the street, the North Side of Markham Road ( Buckingham, Lake Markham Estates, etc.) is considered Sanford. Hope this gives you some clarity.

Last edited by sergiodurante; 11-06-2014 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Added last paragraph.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiodurante View Post

Anyway, I think the surrounding areas here have just attached their name or establishment to Heathrow due in part to Heathrow's name recognition and its sense of exclusivity. There's a Primrose school off Orange Blvd. in Sanford with a sign that says "Primrose Lake Mary/Heathrow", Townhomes nearby labeled "At Heathrow", the most extreme example I've seen is a subdivision in Sorrento 20 minutes away called "Heathrow Country Estates". Collectively, I think some consider Lake Mary West of I4 and the Markham Woods Road area north of E.E. Williamson all the way down to the Sanford border to be "in the Heathrow area".
Actually the Primrose School example is kind of a weak one given that it's about two blocks from Heathrow's northern boundary, and as much of Sanford borders Heathrow as Lake Mary.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:05 AM

77 posts, read 118,634 times
Oh I see now ... not! LOL Just kidding .. I think I get it and thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually the Primrose School example is kind of a weak one given that it's about two blocks from Heathrow's northern boundary, and as much of Sanford borders Heathrow as Lake Mary.
I think you may have missed the point of my post...we all know you love Sanford, as I do as well . But if you truly want to get technical, Heathrow doesn't border Lake Mary, the subdivision itself is in the city of Lake Mary.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
I think you may have missed the point of my post...we all know you love Sanford, as I do as well . But if you truly want to get technical, Heathrow doesn't border Lake Mary, the subdivision itself is in the city of Lake Mary.
Just pointing out to those who might think Sanford is undesirable that a good portion of it is as nice as what Lake Mary/Heathrow offers...

Old 11-08-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoFL2014 View Post
Oh I see now ... not! LOL Just kidding .. I think I get it and thanks for the feedback.
Similarly related and a true story. The Mercedes Benz dealership in Sanford (on Rinehart Road) changed it's name from Mercedes Benz of Sanford to Mercedes Benz of North Orlando (which is a bit of a stretch). Two people I know of in Sanford who went into the dealership and said they were ready to buy a new car informed them that since they were apparently ashamed to be located in Sanford, that they'd take their business to dealerships that weren't. I know the idea of geographic inaccuracy with car dealers isn't a new one but thought it was relevant to the private school's Heathrow affiliation topic.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Similarly related and a true story. The Mercedes Benz dealership in Sanford (on Rinehart Road) changed it's name from Mercedes Benz of Sanford to Mercedes Benz of North Orlando (which is a bit of a stretch). Two people I know of in Sanford who went into the dealership and said they were ready to buy a new car informed them that since they were apparently ashamed to be located in Sanford, that they'd take their business to dealerships that weren't. I know the idea of geographic inaccuracy with car dealers isn't a new one but thought it was relevant to the private school's Heathrow affiliation topic.

That's disappointing that the sales staff at that dealership would say that they were "ashamed" to be affiliated with Sanford. However, did you notice the Audi dealerhip further north in Sanford is also called Audi North Orlando? But the new Infiniti near the MB dealership is called Infiniti of Sanford ( which is owned by the same guy that owns the one by Millenia).

But then again, if I owned a car dealership that was on the edge of Orlando, I would probably put the name Orlando in there somewhere just because it would at least sound geographically closer to the majority of Central Floridians. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current Lexus of Orlando was called Jimmy Bryan Lexus many many years ago. But before it turned into Lexus of Orlando, I believe it was Winter Park Lexus for a bit? I do think that most of these name changes are just a strategic/marketing move.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:26 PM

44 posts, read 60,118 times
Quote:
Actually Heathrow is located in Unincorporated Seminole County. I worked in the Planning and Development office for Seminole County for 10 years until 2008 and we were still getting plans each year for development of the final phases of Heathrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando