Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 12:50 PM

24,351 posts, read 26,816,685 times

Advertisements

I have about 3,200 square feet of living space I want to replace with hardwood floors. Does anyone know a good place to buy bulk wood and it would be a plus if they also offer installation services too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 01:32 PM

220 posts, read 416,169 times
A friend of ours told us about Prosource Flooring. She had to give us a name of a contractor in order to get into the showroom (they ask for your GC or Pros name when you enter). She claims they saved a lot of money buying their hardwoods there. We thought the pricing looked pretty darn good and they had names of very qualified installers too.

With that said we went with Creative Floors just recently and had gone with them in our past house. Both times they happened to have the hardwood type/style that just caught our eye the most. Not sure if they sell flooring without installation since they have always quoted installation. I am not sure if Prosource is cheaper then Creative Floors because both times we purchased something that was only available at CF versus other locations.

How about one more? We went with Flooring HQ - Headquarters once strictly based on price for our business. Their selection was not nearly as big as the other two mentioned above BUT they offered the best price we had found and had a cheaper (but really good) contact for the install. At the end of the day they were awesome too.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:25 PM

Thank you Eric, this is exactly what I wanted to know

Old 11-08-2014, 11:28 PM

54 posts, read 81,126 times
BMW,

Eric is correct, ProSource would be the first place I would suggest to.
I am a member there, and highly recommend Teresa.

Their hours aren't the best if you want to go in and speak specifically to Teresa, but members like myself have 24 hour access. They often run special pricing as well.

I have a great floor guy, (does tile as well) and he is a member there also.
If you go just to look around, you can use my name. That way, you don't have to worry about a sales person hassling you until you are ready. You can look around, their pricing is displayed, but I would say that based on your quantity you would likely get better pricing due to bulk.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know. I am about 3 miles from the store, so if you need access on a Saturday afternoon (they close at noon on Saturdays) or after work, I might be able to help.
I have taken people there, got a few tidbits of info on pieces they liked, then called Teresa back for pricing.

My wife found a Martha Stewart carpet at Home Depot that was matched at ProSource for 1/4 the price.
I installed 3/4 oak in my home myself, just paid someone to come do the finish sealer.
But you definitely have options.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Thank you so much BP!

I will be remodeling sometime next year. I am still in San Francisco, but I've already told our tenants in the Orlando house that I'm not going to renew their lease when it expires next year. I'm getting ready to move back in 2016 =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: