Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:09 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

too expensive for me- used to have Busch Gardens then Sea World then Universal- I don't like Disney that much but once every 5 yrs is enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Seaworld/Aquatica is by far the cheapest I think.... $180 for both parks per year, when you renew, they take $20 off and give you 3 months free, essentially making it like $12/month or something after that.
And their Christmas decorations and shows are spectacular. We use our passes for the concerts every year, too. 14 years ago we switched to the Florida EZPay for ourSW/BG passes(have had annual passes since 1976 when I bought them at Sears for less than $30 the first year) and we pay the same now as in 2000 even though the price of tickets have gone up about $20 for a day ticket. They have automatic renew and it makes for an easy January Birthday gift for our kids each year. Right now they are also offering a BOGO pn the annual pass, too. We still generally spend $100-$200 each day that we go to any of the parks on food for us, the animals, and other stuf.

We go to SW more than the other parks because it is just a more relaxing atmosphere. We can go 10-15 times a year to Disney for free with our son who works there but probably only get there 1-3 times a year. Love Animal Kingdom and EPCOT though. Just too busy here on the coast to spend a lot of time in the parks unless we bring friends and famiy over when they come down to vacation.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 PM

116 posts, read 262,527 times
SeaWorld has been running a BOGO special on their annual passes. We used ours yesterday for the first time and though crowded had a blast. Can't wait to go back when the crowds thin out.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:29 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
I'm a Disney fan so I love having an annual pass. I've got a seasonal pass with blackout dates, which is fine with me cause those are the busiest times, which I want to avoid.
I go about once per month.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:19 PM

335 posts, read 1,310,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post
Yeah, but we're early dining people… by the time we'd get parked at 6 PM and then walk the mile or so from the parking garage into CityWalk and then get in line somewhere, it would be closer to 8 PM to eat dinner, which is a little too late with a four-year-old.
More like around a 1/4 mile.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:05 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach.guy View Post
More like around a 1/4 mile.
Not where we were parked last time. To get from the part of the parking garage where we were at (basically parked in the back corner along Major Blvd) to Margaritaville took us about 20 minutes of walking (including bag check although there was no line), which at our typical strolling pace works out to about a mile.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:55 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
My girlfriend and I got the most expensive Universal passes. We live in Tampa and still manage to get some use out of them. Some of the perks:

-Free valet parking.
-Free preferred parking.
-Discounts in the entirety of City Walk.
-Free Halloween Horror Night ticket (my favorite part).
-Park hopper.
-Eight free water bottles a year. (Probably the weirdest perk a theme park has ever given me. I'm not complaining though.)
-Admission to special events (certain events. I'm pretty sure we didn't get the NYE event.).

Overall, I've enjoyed having them.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchTater View Post
SeaWorld has been running a BOGO special on their annual passes. We used ours yesterday for the first time and though crowded had a blast. Can't wait to go back when the crowds thin out.
Thanks for the head's up on the BOGO. We're certainly going to take advantage of that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando