Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 12:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,347 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've done a search of the forums and have come up with very little. I live in the Lake Nona area, and will be around for at least the next few years. I was wondering what internet service providers there are around? I currently have Brighthouse, but they seem to keep bumping my bill up, while service gets worse. I'm paying almost $100 for standard internet and phone, no cable. A few years ago, my bill was less than $50... They tell me it is a "cost of operating" increase. I have spoken with them multiple times, but they will not reduce it or provide information regarding new, cheaper bundling services (I'm always told that I'm "not eligible", or they try to sell me packages that will double my bill). I've had quite a few internet outages lately too. Not to mention that my download speeds average about 7 mbps, while upload is lucky to hit 0.5 mbps (half of the advertised amount). When I pointed this out to them, they wanted to charge me for a technician to come out...

What other options are there for Eagle Creek, and what experiences have you had with them? It seems many companies do not service Lake Nona, unfortunately.

I've searched online for other prospective companies, but have found that many of the reviews are just as negative as they are for Brighthouse. It is horribly frustrating.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:09 AM

59 posts, read 171,660 times
When an area is built, usually, the service provider is given exclusivity for a few years in order to offset the cost of construction of the infrastructure. I think your only option is Bright house.

I live in Laureate Park, across Narcosee from you, and we have Dais cable. It's part of our monthly HOA fee of approximately $120/month. This includes cable w/ HBO, Gigabit Internet, the amenities, and maintaining the common areas.

Dais had its own issues too, however, they are constantly improving and adding new services, such as on demand.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:04 AM

23 posts, read 38,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djneph View Post
When an area is built, usually, the service provider is given exclusivity for a few years in order to offset the cost of construction of the infrastructure. I think your only option is Bright house.

I live in Laureate Park, across Narcosee from you, and we have Dais cable. It's part of our monthly HOA fee of approximately $120/month. This includes cable w/ HBO, Gigabit Internet, the amenities, and maintaining the common areas.

Dais had its own issues too, however, they are constantly improving and adding new services, such as on demand.
Gigabit Internet? I suppose you have fiber optic internet? That is a luxury that most do not have. I'm just hoping Google fiber optic Internet eventually goes nationwide

Old 07-06-2015, 08:36 AM

2 posts, read 9,885 times
I live in watermark apartments and we have only Dais . They charge $60 flat rate for just internet which seems way to high. They provide service for the clubhouse and its never consistent in reliability and speed. Living in apartments sometimes makes one feel we are truly at the mercy of big corporations that rule over us making governments look like nothing. Sorry thats just my rant.
be well all

Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 PM

156 posts, read 220,236 times
I used to live in Randal park and the apt used at&t and that's awesome. We moved and at&t uverse is not serviced here. I know use earthlink which is part of brighthouse with lower speed for 40. Not the best but fit what I need

Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 AM

59 posts, read 171,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoprovivek View Post
I live in watermark apartments and we have only Dais . They charge $60 flat rate for just internet which seems way to high. They provide service for the clubhouse and its never consistent in reliability and speed. Living in apartments sometimes makes one feel we are truly at the mercy of big corporations that rule over us making governments look like nothing. Sorry thats just my rant.
be well all
However, for the $60 you are getting Gigabit (1,000 mbps up/down) internet, which is faster than most ISPs around. However if you do not have the right equipment (computer and router) you may only get 100mbps up/down. I lived in Watermark for a bit and found the internet to be great, but I had purchased a newer laptop/router with the right equipment.

Unfortunately, most people don't need fiber, so I am sure many folks would rather pay less for speeds around 50 mpbs up/down.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 9,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djneph View Post
However, for the $60 you are getting Gigabit (1,000 mbps up/down) internet, which is faster than most ISPs around. However if you do not have the right equipment (computer and router) you may only get 100mbps up/down. I lived in Watermark for a bit and found the internet to be great, but I had purchased a newer laptop/router with the right equipment.

Unfortunately, most people don't need fiber, so I am sure many folks would rather pay less for speeds around 50 mpbs up/down.
That is correct, I would rather pay little less for 50 speed. ButI think I will just pony up for it. I do have the proper tech to use it. 8 core mac and routers.
thanks for your input
I think that $25-35 is good amount to pay for good fast and most of all reliable internet service. I would pay more if I need more..

Old 03-08-2018, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,735 times
Default Scammed

Dais cable company was not charging us for months even thought we were calling every month to fin out if there was a bill due and the representative said we did not owe or have a bill so now recently after having dais cable since September we got a 900 dollar bill. So we called and the manager David said we slipped through the cracks and system was not reading our bill so now they expect us to pay a bill that they said they messed up on. Oh yea they said they give us a 200 dollar credit but guess what the bill is still 700. I got hung up on by the manager David because I was recording him admitting to there mistakes and now they want us to pay. Now I am waiting for a higher up to call me or my uncle who is a lawyer will handle the rest. This is unjust and not a good company for doing this to a family or single mother struggling to make it .

Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
for the record in Orlando, I have AT&T and pay $42 a month for 50 megabit internet at home and a 1 GB Tablet Plan for 42$ after tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando