Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 PM

19 posts, read 133,558 times

Advertisements

Of course I have more important things to complain too.

1) Schools' quality is not so great. There are so many kids who can not finish high school (casue high crime).

2) University education quality is not that great either. The state will not increase the found. And rich people are not donating their money to education too.

3) No grocery stores advocates local produce.

4) Not so many public space in each neighbourhood....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyCheeze View Post
you gotta be kidding me; i think you can find more important things to complain about than powerlines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 PM

I really want to do something to help increase the performance of the high school students. It's really a shock to me to know that they don't teach evolution theory in biology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando1111 View Post

1) Schools' quality is not so great. There are so many kids who can not finish high school (casue high crime).

2) University education quality is not that great either. The state will not increase the found. And rich people are not donating their money to education too.

3) No grocery stores advocate local produce.

Last edited by Yac; 10-11-2010 at 01:57 AM..

Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 AM

60 posts, read 211,777 times
Quote:

3) No grocery stores advocates local produce.

You are from Cali?
Did it happen to occur to you maybe we would prefer NOT to foot the bill for "the Arts".....thats something that should be privately financed.
But, back to the Cali thing....Whats that thing about people that live in glass houses?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
I really want to do something to help increase the performance of the high school students. It's really a shock to me to know that they don't teach evolution theory in biology.
My wife taught biology in a local highschool. Yes they do teach evolution as a THEORY not as a fact... That is how they are instructed. In fact they mostly teach MORE about Darwin and evolution than any other THEORY of creation...... Of course they are not allowed to show any personal lean one way or the other so as not to offend....

Not sure where you heard that they simply don't teach it...

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
This is not a psychology board this board is about what is wrong in MY CITY!
This is news to me... no one told me City-Data boards was a place for complaining about a city. In fact, if it was, it would be promoted that way on the home page, lol. I don't think that is this website's intention at all. I think it is supposed to be an information exchange about our city...not a personal dumping ground of individuals hard knocks. But that's just me.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:30 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
This is news to me... no one told me City-Data boards was a place for complaining about a city. In fact, if it was, it would be promoted that way on the home page, lol. I don't think that is this website's intention at all. I think it is supposed to be an information exchange about our city...not a personal dumping ground of individuals hard knocks. But that's just me.
Some people are misreable (and probably would be for some reason no matter where they are) AND want to make others misreable as well. Life is always unfair, work is unfair, something out of their hands completely. This way they don't have to take personal responsibility for the problems in their life.

I guess City data is their form of therapy.

Florida isn't the right place for everyone but its a good place for many reasons, one of the many is for people who suffer from SAD, the sunlight is envaluable for maintaining a good state of mental health.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM

169 posts, read 655,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
Why don't we just amend the 1st agreement to say freedom of speech as long as it is only saying something positive about Orlando. If the forum were only positive things to say about Orlando, it would be one short forum. There is no need to take anything negative about Orlando personally.

This Weeks Orlando Update:
1) Sam Sneeds downtown--Closed
2) Dixie Stampede-Closed
3) Air Conditioning-ON
4) Murders 4
5) Tijuana Flats downtown--Closed
6) Tolls every 50 feet on the 408-Open for Business
7) 740 the Team Sports Radio--Defunct, you can now here station number 15 of Spanish Music or Talk!!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,417 times
I never said everything had to be positive. But if you look at certain people's posts throughtout the months it's the same old negative crap.. never one nice thing to say about anything. Some of these posters moved from other areas and the posts in their old states are just as negative. Just negative people... and to many readers on here, it just gets old. Why not find a website that caters to negative Orlando haters? Here you go... I found it for ya.... Orlando Florida Sucks - Viewer Mail!

From my perspective:

1) Sam Sneeds - overpriced restaurant with ok food, nothing great... restaurants are a dime a dozen in this town and if you don't stand out.. you'll fail
2) This is a place that no one I know have even cared to go to... it was a tourist trap
3) My air has been off since October
4) Tired subject... there's been more than that in other cities I'm sure
5) I very rarely go downtown but if I really liked Tijuana Flats, there are many other stores around town
6) Yeah it's a pain, but I can think of much worse problems to have
7) Most of the female population doesn't listen to sports radio

Old 01-09-2008, 12:31 PM

That's the problem. If you dont' show show interests in molecular evolution. How can you make the students interested in biological sciences? Molecular evolution is a science (science can be tested). If the school can not distinguish science from religion (or other non-science theory), how can the students learn to have a scientific point of view to see the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
My wife taught biology in a local highschool. Yes they do teach evolution as a THEORY not as a fact... That is how they are instructed. In fact they mostly teach MORE about Darwin and evolution than any other THEORY of creation...... Of course they are not allowed to show any personal lean one way or the other so as not to offend....

Not sure where you heard that they simply don't teach it...

Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglouix View Post
7) 740 the Team Sports Radio--Defunct, you can now here station number 15 of Spanish Music or Talk!!
NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!! Did they at least move to another frequency??? That was on in my car almost 24/7 when I was there!!!! (until I got XM Radio, but still.... ).

Shot Doctor's heading back to the grocery store I guess???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando