Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:26 PM

24,347 posts, read 26,771,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitico23 View Post
I did not mean to offend anyone in reality, but Miami IS a fake town.
Well, just look behind the buildings to see if they are made out of cardboard, that will settle this whole dispute about whether or not Miami is fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 5,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Well, just look behind the buildings to see if they are made out of cardboard, that will settle this whole dispute about whether or not Miami is fake.
I live in one of those high rises. You would be amazed how fake it is. I have neighors with no furniture but pay a minimum 2k rent while driving a brand new luxury vehicle as well.

Most people in Miami function on credit card debt and no live savings. I read a Stat that said people here spend 70% of their income on housing and cars. It's insane how fake it all is.

I live in a beautiful place but it is very fake.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:19 AM

16,826 posts, read 15,070,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_raider View Post
I live in one of those high rises. You would be amazed how fake it is. I have neighors with no furniture but pay a minimum 2k rent while driving a brand new luxury vehicle as well.

Most people in Miami function on credit card debt and no live savings. I read a Stat that said people here spend 70% of their income on housing and cars. It's insane how fake it all is.

I live in a beautiful place but it is very fake.
Well, that's pretty much anywhere you go...

Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,644,445 times
People that complain about "fake people" are going to have problems with "fake people" everywhere they go. The OP doesn't like Miami because the OP does not like her/himself in Miami and he/she thinks that by moving that somehow people will be "nicer"...that..somehow the "culture" will be better and on and on.

The fact of the matter is the OP is not happy with his/her life and blames it on the city of Miami.

Too bad. So sad.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
People that complain about "fake people" are going to have problems with "fake people" everywhere they go. The OP doesn't like Miami because the OP does not like her/himself in Miami and he/she thinks that by moving that somehow people will be "nicer"...that..somehow the "culture" will be better and on and on.

The fact of the matter is the OP is not happy with his/her life and blames it on the city of Miami.

Too bad. So sad.
I respectfully disagree. I enjoy Miami more than where I'm from, the Midwest, but the people here are much more focused on short term material items, or "fake".

Old 02-10-2015, 02:36 PM

26,941 posts, read 43,460,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitico23 View Post
I did not mean to offend anyone in reality, but Miami IS a fake town. Everything is about how much money you have, what are you driving, who do you know.... Fake people are everywhere but in Miami because of all "the beautiful people" and money it becomes a really superficial place to live. To be honest I would go back but I would have to be making over 80K a year.....
As a South Florida native Think you're probably referring more to Miami Beach versus Miami, which are in fact two different cities with Miami being much larger. Assigning one characteristic to an area with around 2.5 million people (Miami-Dade) is a bit much.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
As a South Florida native Think you're probably referring more to Miami Beach versus Miami, which are in fact two different cities with Miami being much larger. Assigning one characteristic to an area with around 2.5 million people (Miami-Dade) is a bit much.
Miami is not Miami-Dade. It is in the county but the city of Miami is much different than it's surrounding areas. When people think of Miami they are thinking about brickell, downtown, coral cables, not some suburb that happens to be in the same county.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:01 PM

24,347 posts, read 26,771,586 times
Whether a person pays $100 for a designer shirt in Miami Beach vs $100 for a hipster local shirt in San Francisco, it's all the same crap to me and I don't really care what people do with their money or time. What I find annoying is people judging others by how they look, what they buy, what they eat, who they date etc. As long as it isn't on my bill, who cares whether a person values their house vs location or clothes vs food etc. People are so nosey lol. When it comes to rudeness, that's a different story because it effects your daily life, but material possessions, talk about fake people is just silly.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:02 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,852,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Well, that's pretty much anywhere you go...
No, its not.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:03 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,852,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

Too bad. So sad.

People elsewhere ARE nicer. I wouldn't live in Miami if you gave me a house for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando