Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 06:03 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times

Advertisements

Be sure to check out the Conservation Station, which is the science and veterinary center of the park. Among other cool stuff, you can watch a veterinary surgical procedure, if one is taking place that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 06:45 AM

782 posts, read 1,368,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
BTW, If you get your pass in advance, I think you can go on line and make some Fast pass choices so you do not have to wait in the long lines.(My son always takes care of it for us, but we don't have regular 1 day passes so not sure how it works for general public passes. If you can't do it on line, head to a fast pass machine as soon as you get there to get the fast pass and then do other stuff in the park and just show up in time for the fast pass time at the ride.

Be sure to watch the afternoon parade too. We like to watch from close to the Safari and run into the safari for a second time on a full day in the park. It is usually practically a walk on during the last minutes of the parade.
Just FYI, the parade was discontinued about a year ago.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:20 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post
Just FYI, the parade was discontinued about a year ago.
We usually just go for lunch, but had not heard the parade was gone.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:23 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I'm just excited for Avatar Land, I remember seeing that movie and wishing I could explore that world.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:52 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,708,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm just excited for Avatar Land, I remember seeing that movie and wishing I could explore that world.
One of the cast members told me it would be finished by 2017.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:02 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
One of the cast members told me it would be finished by 2017.
Yep, that's what all the reports have been so far. There are some updates on youtube posted by Disney. It sounds quite amazing. There will also be a headliner night time show called Rivers of Light, which starts early 2016.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:37 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Will you have a car? A great area to stay is around I-Drive. You can usually get a very discounted hotel in this area. I got a 4 star hotel right on I-Drive for $55-60 per night. You have easy highway access and are located near Animal Kingdom
I Drive is definitely a great place to have a hotel in the Orlando area, although its a little ways from Animal Kingdom. Looking forward to the Pandora Avatar section being built.

What to expect from Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom - LA Times

Should be very interesting.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:00 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
PDF and Joey Falcon, I have heard the Animal Kingdom is one of the best zoos in America.Ive read there are many interesting animals there that most other zoos dont have. Have you two ever been to Animal Kingdom? If so how was it?
I can't remember any animals that were unique to the park. I will admit that I don't take note of unusual animals when visiting zoos. However, there is an experience that is unique to Animal Kingdom, and that would be the safari ride in "Africa."

It doesn't feel like a traditional zoo where you walk down a path to see one animal after another, the scenery mostly uninteresting. At Animal Kingdom, the scenery, atmosphere, rides, shows, educational activities and animals make it go beyond your typical zoo experience.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:06 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
So ive just seen the Avatar movie last night. Mainly because I was curious about the news articles I read in Orlando news. I know it was some big movie event, but I had never seen it until now. So Animal Kingdom is basically going to replicate the world in this film? It will be very interesting to see how they pull that off, especially the giant sized blue alien people that are native to that planet they were on. I know Universal Orlando has rides based on movies, but to see a zoo build an entire section based on a fictional movie world is really ambitious. Ive never been to Animal Kingdom only read that its one of the top zoos in the US. I can kinda see why. Orlando has another zoo that the city runs, im sure Animal Kingdom has an effect on what they do at the other city zoo. Surprised Disney has not bought them out to have no competition in the metro.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:06 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
So ive just seen the Avatar movie last night. Mainly because I was curious about the news articles I read in Orlando news. I know it was some big movie event, but I had never seen it until now. So Animal Kingdom is basically going to replicate the world in this film? It will be very interesting to see how they pull that off, especially the giant sized blue alien people that are native to that planet they were on. I know Universal Orlando has rides based on movies, but to see a zoo build an entire section based on a fictional movie world is really ambitious. Ive never been to Animal Kingdom only read that its one of the top zoos in the US. I can kinda see why. Orlando has another zoo that the city runs, im sure Animal Kingdom has an effect on what they do at the other city zoo. Surprised Disney has not bought them out to have no competition in the metro.
Disney's Animal Kingdom is for nearly all purposes, Not a zoo.
In fact the used the term 'nahtazu' (not a zoo) in marketing.
It is a theme park with a conversationalist/educational purpose, akin to Sea World.

Orlando, as a city, does not own or operate a zoo.
A non-profit Central Florida Zoo exists in Sanford, FL which is in Seminole (not Orange) County.
Disney also does not purchase or go after any land outside the insular RCID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando