Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 PM

12 posts, read 18,019 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am currently living in NY and my fiance job is moving to the Orlando are and he is required to live within a 30 mile radius from the center of Orlando. I am a nurse on disability right now and we have 13yo daughter starting high school. I also have a 80lbs old man of a dog who is labador/bull dog mix mutty thing. He si an inside dog really dose not like outside too much. I am trying to find a rental home before we movee down there in 2 monthswould have like more warning but these are the cards i have. I am looking for 3/2 with fenced back yard and possibly a pool ( not required) with a rent less than 1300/mo.

I have heard public education is not great in Florida but that in every state, what area have the better high schools.

I have tried craigslist but I am a lil tired of hearing that they are on a mission to Africa and wont be back 10 years, the scams are crazy i have contact many agencies but they really wont deal with me cause iam out of state, I was hoping that I could just move from here and drive straight to a rental, but i feel that not realistic. But spending a month in hotel until i find a place is not efficient either.

If anyone could help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 04:58 PM

35,413 posts, read 20,779,044 times
call a realtor - if you are not near here, you cannot see- if you can do extended stay be better- 30 mi is very short! for the price-- but need to look on HOT-PADS and NEVER EVER send money and before you give up a deposit- not cash- see if the name you are renting from shows up on the property tax rolls - lots of scammers

Old 03-06-2015, 05:39 PM

24,347 posts, read 26,767,003 times
When it comes to renting, I would inspect it yourself first. There are many beautiful apartment developments, but many of them have questionable residents, so it's best to visit in person before signing a year lease.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM

22 posts, read 31,145 times
I hope this helps!

https://www.ocps.net/cs/services/acc...20(022515).pdf

Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,776,487 times
Public schools in Orlando area can be a hit or miss just like every other major city but have looked at sites Zillow or trulia.com. Also realtor.com as well as redfin.com might give you a more accurate picture of the rental market in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: