Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,937,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstec View Post
I am blessed to live beside 300 acres of conservation land with a 100 year deed and enjoy the natural, wild beauty and animals. I agree that natural land is much more beautiful than most 'improved' land. However, I think our city is beginning to wake up and realize we can't pave everything. Many of the newer communities do have large parcels of woodlands set aside that can't be developed. There's probably little that can be done about Orlando proper now....it's almost an asphlat jungle, but there is still hope for the outlying areas.

What they need to do is create density in Orlando proper and stop sprawling everything out. Rural needs to stay rural we don`t want the city sprawl coming way out here like it already is.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:10 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,185,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
What they need to do is create density in Orlando proper and stop sprawling everything out. Rural needs to stay rural we don`t want the city sprawl coming way out here like it already is.
But would you want to live in a high density area with people packed together like ants? I sure wouldn't.......

Old 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
But would you want to live in a high density area with people packed together like ants? I sure wouldn't.......

Well some people like dense city's and if someone does not then there is always the country to move out to. I just don`t like seeing all these subdivisions pop up everywhere destroying the natural land scape.

Or at least keep existing trees and build on the area you need, I don`t find it necessary to mow a entire area down.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM

I bet I can go snap a picture of some wodded area then go back in five years and find houses or strip malls there.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM

49 posts, read 140,645 times
Give me a Break!!!!! I was one of those negative floridians. I moved to another state a couple of years ago and couldn't wait to come back to florida. I recently moved back and i would never leave florida again. Yes, it has it's flaws but every state does. Why don't some of you watch the weather channel and see what is going on up north. I would take florida anyday before dealing with the cold and snow!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma123 View Post
Give me a Break!!!!! I was one of those negative floridians. I moved to another state a couple of years ago and couldn't wait to come back to florida. I recently moved back and i would never leave florida again. Yes, it has it's flaws but every state does. Why don't some of you watch the weather channel and see what is going on up north. I would take florida anyday before dealing with the cold and snow!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I`m not a negative Floridian! I was just addressing issues I have with the growth mowing down the natural beauty of the state.

I was born and raised up north I know very well how it is up there!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:40 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,185,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I bet I can go snap a picture of some wodded area then go back in five years and find houses or strip malls there.
Unfortunately, I'm sure you're right on that one.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,326,488 times
Having lived in the Dallas area for many years, it takes them alot less time then 5 years. When I first moved here I was shocked at all the wooded areas around the Sanford mall. I mean land that had goats and cattle on it. Here it is 7 years after I got here and yes some of it has been developed but not all of it.

In Texas, it seems like you don't go by an area for a couple months and it changes completely while your gone.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM

640 posts, read 3,065,805 times
I could say the same thing about Bucks County, PA (outside Philadelphia). The past decade has been nothing but new homes and shopping centers. It used to be completely wooded and now it's a whole new landscape (there's that word again!). Just the way it is everwhere I'm afraid.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM

316 posts, read 1,033,197 times
We came here based on experiences of my travel plus my relatives. We (and my relatives) can attribute the largest reason for "migration out of Florida" to be the immigration issue. The problem is very serious...and the more the population turns PR the more Florida will empty.

Who's country is this?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando