Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 AM

114 posts, read 306,326 times

Advertisements

:-)

I love reading this thread.

It makes me laugh all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM

117 posts, read 213,630 times
Haha the Honda rice burners are just d-bags. Orlando has plenty of douchebags! I have a love-hate relationship with this place.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 PM

36 posts, read 67,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by td1026 View Post
Some of the replies on this forum are ridiculous! To say Orlando is hell on earth is quite disturbing! I find this place to be amazing. Central Florida has everything you need and more! The entertainment options are endless. I lived in San Antonio, Texas for 5 years and just recently moved to Groveland, FL and can honestly say I will NEVER go back to Texas! For me, San Antonio was "hell on earth", but compared to a lot of places, even San Antonio is not that bad. Even in a recession, I would pick Florida over Texas ANYDAY! If you hate this place, do yourself and I a favor and please leave, I cannot stand the people who do nothing but rag on Florida! The only thing I really hate about Florida is the mosquitoes, and everywhere from Alaska to Minnesota has a horrendous mosquito problem. I'll take a hurricane over a blizzard anyday. All of the other things that people hate about Florida such as bad schools and bad drivers, are just as prevalent in Texas which is in an upswing..I don't know why people think these problems are only exclusive to Florida, but it pisses me off!
I've lived in San Antonio almost my whole life and I want out of here so bad! I want out of TX!

Yeah, and whats with all the negativity here towards Orlando/FL?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM

240 posts, read 559,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy13 View Post
Haha the Honda rice burners are just d-bags. Orlando has plenty of douchebags! I have a love-hate relationship with this place.

You know that's right. I just came back from Orlando, FL after not going back in 11 years. Back then (in 2001), I wanted to come back immediately. The only thing I really did in Orlando this time was fly in there, drove down to, and spent most of my time in Tampa and St. Pete's. Choosing to come back to Orlando one day in advance from when my plane left was the worst mistake I ever made.

I feel your pain with Honda (Civic) vehicles. I sadly have to endure that vehicle make.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Sounds like we have some biased posters on this thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
You know that's right. I just came back from Orlando, FL after not going back in 11 years. Back then (in 2001), I wanted to come back immediately. The only thing I really did in Orlando this time was fly in there, drove down to, and spent most of my time in Tampa and St. Pete's. Choosing to come back to Orlando one day in advance from when my plane left was the worst mistake I ever made.

I feel your pain with Honda (Civic) vehicles. I sadly have to endure that vehicle make.
Care to explain why and where you went?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAONTHEROD View Post
not everyone who speaks spanish is a "pistolero" or a gun man. We are doctors, lawyers, police officers, fireman, army men, navy men, senators, congressmen, teachers all willing to help you not to use a gun on you as you might infer. Educate yourself in diversity and you will learn that we are all one even though we might speak different languages or call money "dinero"
Visit the FDLE website than we can talk. AND yet another "brother" has murdered a police officer during a traffic stop Brevard deputy fatally shot, couple with long criminal history... | www.wftv.com

And just last week our "diversified" peoples caused a riot over Nike shoes before the All-star game. I'll respect the minorities whenever they start behaving like civilized people.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Agreed Agreed Agreed. Alot of people don't realize is that one of the main reason's Hispanic migrate here, is not only because proximity to native land and larger population, but also because they see hope here. They come here because they see many Hispanics here in elevated positions which makes them believe they also have mobility. Hispanics, like most ethnic groups (or anyone for that matter) want to live an area they feel they can take advantage of opportunities to advance. Believe it or not, we not only have on the biggest Hispanic populations but we have one of the biggest Hispanic middle class.
I definitely agree with you on this one. Especially since in my neighborhood I see it everyday. I live in an area that is at least 50% hispanic but yes it is very middle class, not poor by any means. The median income in my zip code 32837 (according to C-D) is $52,000, the homes and their developments are very well kept (thanks HOA's) A lot of parents are involved with their children's schools and whats going on in their lives (keeping kids out of trouble) and in my development we all know each other and look out for one another. My brother attends Freedom High School, one of the best public schools in Orange County and the school is 66% minority

The Hispanic community here in South Orlando truly believed they could advance upward in life, and they obviously were willing to put in the work in order to do it. Not all minorities are takers who sit on their butts on welfare, food stamps, and WIC. There are plenty of white people like that too Around here, most people I know (race aside) are producers, not takers

Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
I was reading the Orlando Weekly (paper edition believe it or not) and came across this colorful but extremely accurate depiction of how I feel about Orlando's evolving status as a "big(er) city," and how those people around you constantly bash Orlando as they run screaming fire for the nearest exit.

Drink Drank Drunk - Food & Drink - Orlando Weekly

Old 03-09-2012, 09:15 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I think the roads in Orlando are fabulous.

Orlando is one big, flat, hot blaaaaah..
I mean, it's not a bad city at all. I generally like it, but thinking about it like...from where I live....it's just like driving along Colonial...and just looking at strip center after strip-center, after quick-e-mart makes me think.... this place is just ehhhh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando