Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM

37 posts, read 242,676 times

Advertisements

I don't like to live in big cities. I just want to find a smaller place with low crime that isn't far away from Orlando if I need to go. I have been considering New Smyrna Beach lately.. I have always wanted to live near a beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 PM

60 posts, read 211,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Well you're gonna wait along time, I'm telling it like it is. I don't have to prove any city is better or worse. I know Orlando/Kissimmee, he wants to know how it is HERE, nowhere else, so I tell him. He didn't post in NY, TX, CA, he posted in Orlando.
As I expected.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 PM

561 posts, read 1,923,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgt View Post
Im still waiting for you to show me a city of similar size and make-up that does not have similar issues.

Off the top of my head:

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Population is close, crime isn't even close. Yonkers borders the Bronx as well. Also I would guess that Yonkers would probably be at least twice as dense with people per square mile than Orlando (I could be wrong on that though). Yonkers is also very diverse in racial make up as well.

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 07:00 AM..

Old 01-18-2008, 02:18 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Having lived in OK, the summers are not going to bother you at all. The actual temp will be less but it is more humid than OK. You won't have the wind blowing but there are thunderstorms/rain pretty much everyday during summer. No snow or ice storms during the winter
While OKC is bigger than Orlando in population, the traffic and crime is going to be similiar.

Go for a visit, check it out. No one on this forum can tell you if Orlando is right for you

Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM

105 posts, read 550,734 times
The majority of the east coast has humid summers....at least you get nice winters here, in july when you're burning up just go to the pool or beach w/ some cold ones and you'll be fine

Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 PM

I sang at an Opry in Oklahoma City since I was 9 and it is considered to be a very dangerous part of town and I haven't ever had any problems and I have been there over a hundred times. That's good to know that they are similiar, because I never considered OKC that bad. What part of Oklahoma did you live in? I live in the Southeast part not too far from Mcalester.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:45 PM

582 posts, read 2,038,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Off the top of my head:

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Population is close, crime isn't even close. Yonkers borders the Bronx as well. Also I would guess that Yonkers would probably be at least twice as dense with people per square mile than Orlando (I could be wrong on that though). Yonkers is also very diverse in racial make up as well.
yonker's to orlando?

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 06:57 AM..

Old 01-18-2008, 02:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobLee22 View Post
I don't like to live in big cities. I just want to find a smaller place with low crime that isn't far away from Orlando if I need to go. I have been considering New Smyrna Beach lately.. I have always wanted to live near a beach.
New Smyrna is quite nice, we head over there at least once a month, my hubby is a native of Orlando, and has always loved it there.
Of course, there are areas that are a bit on the dumpy side, but you wont be in those anyway, will you?

Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM

No. What areas are the dumpy areas? I looked at apartments for New Smyrna Beach and they looked very resonable. I'm not sure if the areas are good though..

Old 01-18-2008, 02:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
I lived in Bethany but have been to OK many times from Wakita to Lawton.

My point is this.. there are places in OKC that you just don't go at night by yourself if you aren't looking for trouble, same is true in Orlando. There are good and bad areas in every city. Traffic is bad, no denying that, but traffic is bad in a lot of places. There are ppl from other races in OK just like in Orlando. You don't have to like classical music and I don't have to like rap, the difference is I don't play my choice of music so your car shakes, does that make you a bad person? Inconsiderate IMHO, but some young ppl think that makes them kool or hip.

Go visit Orlando, it isn't all Disney World once you live there but it may be someplace you want to go to school. You don't have to stay if you don't like it but you will never know if you don't at least visit.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-18-2008 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando