Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 AM

101 posts, read 845,758 times

Advertisements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey

It is a possiblity that my wife and I will be moving to Orlando. Work in downtown Orlando near 1-4 may bring us specifically to that area so we are looking for a house within a short distance to the central part of Orlando.

The hitch is that we have two large (well-behaved) dogs, a house cat and a bird. We own our own home here and because of the market, will likely have to keep it so we are looking for the best value and the best neighborhood for the least money. Older homes aren't a problem if in stable, well-kept neighborhoods.

I have scanned Craigslist and googled homes for rent in Orlando and come up either vacation rentals or such a broad area of residential rentals that I am thoroughly confused.

Can anyone tell me the best areas near downtown are (reference point would be Orlando Regional).

As bad as gas and economy are, I dont want to get too far out and have to deal with time and traffic.

Any Advice as to agents that specialize or neighborhoods, is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,130,374 times
Thornton Park, Delaney Park, or College Park are very close to downtown. What you may want to do is check our rentals.com. To help you search the downtown Zip code is 32801, college park's zip is 32804.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 PM

101 posts, read 845,758 times
Default thanks

Thanks Greg. Something I have never considered before is a mobile home..never liked the stigma or the park rules and restrctions type atmosphere but I guess you have to have some of that.

Are there any mobile home parks worth living in, near downtown that
haverentals aswell and how would I go about finding these?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,130,374 times
Definetely none downtown.

I really have no idea how one would go about finding rentals of that nature. I know there is a manufactured home community in East Orlando named Deerwood I beleive. I'm sure you can drive by the area and see for rent signs.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,937,457 times
No mobile homes in the immediate downtown area but the ones near downtown are really bad and are in crime ridden areas.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:47 PM

9 posts, read 60,320 times
The thing to consider re: mobile homes is that they are not the safest option. They are highly flammable and are usually the first thing to go during a hurricane. Even renting an apartment, condo or town house would be a better option.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:21 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,115,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
No mobile homes in the immediate downtown area but the ones near downtown are really bad and are in crime ridden areas.
Yeah the only areas I can think of with mobile homes somewhat close to downtown are along OBT and in the 32822 zip code. I would not recommend either area and like others have stated, renting or a condo would be safer and allow you to be in a nicer area. When the tornadoes hit Lake County and Daytona, some of the worst damage was seen in communities of manufactured homes/mobile homes.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 26,863 times
hi i'm moving from nj to florida we are comming down there in a motor home is there any areas that we can park the motor home out there anywhere any motor home parks in the orlando area

Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 AM

92 posts, read 226,121 times
anything in the lake eola area is awesome also LOVE that part of downtown. all depends on how much your looking to spend per month and take in acount for a higher electricity bill because your a/c WILL be running all summer long

Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 28,374 times
great place is Auvers Village...nice location near Baldwin Park...affortable, 3 pools, and nice management if you get Barbara! I just move there and love it. Very nice place and less expensive. Equity owns the apt complex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando