Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,168 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Orlando...I am moving with my family and so prefer staying close to maitland which would be my workplace...Can anyone suggest some good apartments in safe areas around this place..I am totally new to orlando and so need some advice on this...Also how is this place uptown altamonte? any idea? can some one give information on this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 04:25 PM

266 posts, read 1,025,565 times
Default uptown altamonte

They are very nice condos, located next to the mall, and shopping. When we lived in FL they were still building these and marketing them as luxury.

They are located in a high traffic area but lots of shops and restaurants around.

Sorry not much help.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM

71 posts, read 144,626 times
Default Altamonte Springs

Look for apartments "West" of Interstate 4. Preferably "north" of State Road 436 is best, too.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:34 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Basically anything west of I-4 and north of Maitland blvd. is nice. On the other side of I-4, anything to the North of 436 I would stay west of 427. South of 436 you can stay west of 17-92 (I know it's alot of numbers but any resident or realtor will know what you're talking about). One thing you may really want to consider is whether you want to live in Seminole or Orange county. Altamonte and Maitland are right on the county line. Since you're renting, property taxes may not be as big a consideration but if you have children you may want to look at the different school districts. My personal reccomendations, look around Maitland blvd (the summit, the arbors), Jamestown blvd in Altamonte and around the mall.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 11,479 times
id try to go to seminole schools if have chldren, they are much safer and better schools over orlando/orange county ones by far. red bug elementary is a wonderful one isnt that far away really once ya learn the area and the residential area has moderate priced places with better neighborhoods and alot safer enviroment, whre as maitland area at least where i was, used to live near the summit, but its been several years, the area there is real close to eatonville and kennedy blvd, and somepretty rough neighborhoods. having lived in alot of areas here id say stay off wymore rd if you aim for altamonte. alot of apartments on that road but was alot of crime and violence in the area to.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
If I remember correctly isn't it Lake Brantley thats supposed to be the really good school district there in Altamonte Springs?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:35 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Lake Brantley district, from elementary through middle school is a very good school district. Elementary-Forest City, Spring Lake, Wekiwa. Middle -Teague, Rock Lake. LBHS has good academics and consistently strong athletics also. Go Patriots!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM

22 posts, read 81,108 times
I would suggest the sweetwater area of apopka and longwood , they have some nice apt and townhouses and is very nice area

Old 02-07-2008, 03:44 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Lake Brantley district, from elementary through middle school is a very good school district. Elementary-Forest City, Spring Lake, Wekiwa. Middle -Teague, Rock Lake. LBHS has good academics and consistently strong athletics also. Go Patriots!
Check out Country Creek. Same schools mentioned above. Great, wooden area with tennis courts, pool(s) and great walking trails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando