Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 AM

55 posts, read 233,938 times

Advertisements

Hi
I take it that you are relocating within your company. They should pickup healthcare and insurance. Electricity is expensive good schools are expensive but all in all Florida is on a par with the UK on many things houses are dirt cheap.. Wages are Less than the UK, what is your annual salary? That may be the decieding factor on were and how you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM

18 posts, read 102,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKmartin View Post
Hi
I take it that you are relocating within your company. They should pickup healthcare and insurance. Electricity is expensive good schools are expensive but all in all Florida is on a par with the UK on many things houses are dirt cheap.. Wages are Less than the UK, what is your annual salary? That may be the decieding factor on were and how you live.
Well my salary here is £36,000...about $70,000 and my hubbys is just slightly less, but I'm a manager here and will probably need to start further down the chain over there. I don't really want to be driving more than 30 mins to work so areas within that we'll be looking at.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM

631 posts, read 2,451,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstec View Post
Winter Park/Maitland would be a great choice. Check out the "Windsong" subdivision in WP - it's still a bit of a drive from the hospital, but not impossible - and has some great homes. Of course, Baldwin Park is always an option - and probably closer to the hospital than most.

If you're working at Arnold Palmer, driving from Oviedo could be quite a commute - I would guess it could be as much as an hour each way. There is a subdivision - most of the homes are built in a Victorian style - that's just off Kaley, near Delaney St. Some of our realtors on this site could probably point you in that direction. Also, just a few blocks south of the hospital (in the Gore/Delaney area) are some pretty nice homes - I don't think they are new, but the neighborhoods are well established.

Note that most of the homes right around the hospital are probably not places you would want to relocate. And definitely stay on the east side of I-4!
Those houses in that quaint little neighborhood are selling from $700 - $1million.

You cannot get anything in Delaney Park for less than $450k (1000-1200 sq ft) unless you want to spend the rest of your life renovating. Check out the house on Kaley and Summerlin. A new house that looks like any other tract housing in Waterford lakes and is being sold for $995k. No yard and 10 ft from a major road. True it's across from Boone High...but a Million dollars for a house that clearly should cost $250 or less?

I live in the Delaney Area and got very lucky at a foreclosure - but the area downtown in Delaney or even Eola Heights or Lake Davis...etc...you won't find a house for less than $450k unless it is very small and run down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando