Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area would you choose if you were in my situation?
Winter Springs/Oviedo 2 22.22%
Avalon Park/Alafaya 1 11.11%
Lake Nona 2 22.22%
Vista Lakes 0 0%
Windermere 1 11.11%
Other (please specify in comments) 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 PM

39 posts, read 78,628 times

Advertisements

So, people keep telling me that I don't need to look elsewhere that I should just live in Baldwin Park and I am getting beyond frustrated! I already explored that option, but I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY 4 bedroom single family houses in my price range in Baldwin Park. The houses I have seen in Baldwin Park and the surrounding areas are really small, so I guess I should add to my criteria that we need at least 2000sf and a good sized yard; we would prefer a gated community. I have 3 energetic kids 5 years old and younger, so we are not moving into a 1500 sf house with a postage stamp yard. PLEASE STOP TELLING ME TO LIVE IN BALDWIN PARK, unless of course you can point me to a resource that will allow me to find what I am looking for in Baldwin Park. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Lake Nona or Windermere would fit the bill. I don't know much about Lake Nona, but if you look at the newer part of Windermere, along SR 535 and Reams Road you will find homes under your budget. Elementary and Middle schools are rated well in that area.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 AM

12 posts, read 11,879 times
Another important question is, what is considered a good commute for you? Google maps has a great function via the web where you can pick different times of the day and see how long your commute could be from a potential house/location to Baldwin. I did that before I moved since the last thing I wanted to do was move somewhere my commute was an hour or more. I could have stayed in the NYC metro for that crap. Good luck. My pick would be Winter Springs.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:04 AM

39 posts, read 78,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazam8174 View Post
Another important question is, what is considered a good commute for you? Google maps has a great function via the web where you can pick different times of the day and see how long your commute could be from a potential house/location to Baldwin. I did that before I moved since the last thing I wanted to do was move somewhere my commute was an hour or more. I could have stayed in the NYC metro for that crap. Good luck. My pick would be Winter Springs.
Thanks! I checked out the google maps function you mentioned. Do you have experience with it, does it seem to be pretty accurate? I was unsure how accurate it would be, so I hesitated to trust it.

I'm looking to keep my average commute less than 30 minutes each way.

Thanks again!

Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergs76 View Post
Thanks! I checked out the google maps function you mentioned. Do you have experience with it, does it seem to be pretty accurate? I was unsure how accurate it would be, so I hesitated to trust it.

I'm looking to keep my average commute less than 30 minutes each way.

Thanks again!
It's VERY accurate.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:11 PM

156 posts, read 220,341 times
Lake Nona is nice newer and within your price range, hated community, awesome school. Just far from everything due to new buildings. For kids activity lacking. Driving to bp more 30mins due to traffic, but no traffic less 30. Windermere I think has more kid activities nearby.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:13 PM

156 posts, read 220,341 times
Most are gated and I do like lake Nona.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:41 PM

185 posts, read 457,618 times
Quote:
So, people keep telling me that I don't need to look elsewhere that I should just live in Baldwin Park and I am getting beyond frustrated! I already explored that option, but I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY 4 bedroom single family houses in my price range in Baldwin Park. The houses I have seen in Baldwin Park and the surrounding areas are really small, so I guess I should add to my criteria that we need at least 2000sf and a good sized yard; we would prefer a gated community. I have 3 energetic kids 5 years old and younger, so we are not moving into a 1500 sf house with a postage stamp yard. PLEASE STOP TELLING ME TO LIVE IN BALDWIN PARK, unless of course you can point me to a resource that will allow me to find what I am looking for in Baldwin Park. Thanks.
wow so angry. you should have mentioned why not live there to begin with. just saying. just search craigslist.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:32 AM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
Commuting from Lake Nona to Baldwin Park at any normal time of day is going to be 45 minutes.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:25 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,432,117 times
Quote:
There was no need to be rude, we are simply responding to your question.. Baldwin Park is a nice area, if you personally do not want to live there then that is a personal problem that we could not have anticipated.. IMHO you are being somewhat overly selective with your housing criteria, sometimes you have to make small sacrifices to your image of a perfect home, the houses in Baldwin Park are BEAUTIFUL and it would make so much sense to live close to your job, but to each his own I guess..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando