Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:11 PM

151 posts, read 155,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
It's about a 75% increase.
There's nowhere near that much new content.

For half the things that have been added, something has been removed.

It's a business- I get that.
Rising prices as long as the consumer still goes.

Just seems more out of reach now than ever.
I'm a big Disney fan (as you can tell by my name), however, I agree with you. Disney prices are just going up like crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 05:54 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
It's about a 75% increase.
There's nowhere near that much new content.

For half the things that have been added, something has been removed.

It's a business- I get that.
Rising prices as long as the consumer still goes.

Just seems more out of reach now than ever.
When talking about annual passes, that works out to be less than 6% per year.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,432,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This.. After only a few visits with your Annual Pass you have already gotten your ROI plus all the side perks that come with it like free parking, discounts on dining/merchandise, and access to special events and previews of new attractions, etc..

Old 10-05-2015, 06:08 PM

605 posts, read 711,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You know, unless I get my hands on free/severely-discounted tickets, I've been taking the kids to the two Fun Spots, and it's more than enough for a fun outing with rides. Kids don't last a full day out on their feet in the hot sun on thrill rides, so I can't justify spending over $100 per ticket for what will be a half day of enjoyment.
Disney is clearly catering to tourists, and not to locals, as tourists are much more inclined to spend that kind of money on what to them is a family vacation, versus us locals who are simply going for an outing.
This may be true for you, but definitely not for us. I HATE thrill rides. Fun spot would not do it for me at all. We also have no kids, so of course that factors in. But people like to think there is one particular group that Disney caters to, and I just don't think that's true.

There are many groups and I think they market to all of them:

Families
Locals
Older people
Foreigners

There really is something for everyone at Disney. As I said I pretty much hate rides. Disney is "my speed" when it comes to rides (I don't go to HS). I love being outdoors, walking, eating and seeing some nice attractions. That's like going to a zoo for the day or something in some other city. And of course the food is MUCH better than most zoos around the country.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:23 PM

151 posts, read 155,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
This may be true for you, but definitely not for us. I HATE thrill rides. Fun spot would not do it for me at all. We also have no kids, so of course that factors in. But people like to think there is one particular group that Disney caters to, and I just don't think that's true.

There are many groups and I think they market to all of them:

Families
Locals
Older people
Foreigners

There really is something for everyone at Disney. As I said I pretty much hate rides. Disney is "my speed" when it comes to rides (I don't go to HS). I love being outdoors, walking, eating and seeing some nice attractions. That's like going to a zoo for the day or something in some other city. And of course the food is MUCH better than most zoos around the country.
I have heard of someone who has a AP and some days they feel like people watching so they'd go to Disney for the day, maybe not even ride anything, but just people, have dinner, etc.

I love going to Disney when I can, but we haven't been able to in a while, but will definitely go during the Osbourne Family Lights at HS since its the final year for that.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Far Exceeds the Cost of Living Increases by USA average.

Year COLA
2005 4.1
2006 3.3
2007 2.3
2008 5.8
2009 0.0
2010 0.0
2011 3.6
2012 1.7
2013 1.5
2014 1.7

I still think a great value can be had by Annual Passes, ironically I feel like these increases only discourage the people who occasionally visit, say 5 or 6 times a year.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You know, unless I get my hands on free/severely-discounted tickets, I've been taking the kids to the two Fun Spots, and it's more than enough for a fun outing with rides. Kids don't last a full day out on their feet in the hot sun on thrill rides, so I can't justify spending over $100 per ticket for what will be a half day of enjoyment.
Disney is clearly catering to tourists, and not to locals, as tourists are much more inclined to spend that kind of money on what to them is a family vacation, versus us locals who are simply going for an outing.
Personally, I think legoland and sea world/aquatica offer the best bang for the buck until they turn 7-8 (or as long as you can hold off on taking them to wdw lol).

You get great renewal specials from sw, including a discount and extra months added on

Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:

Year COLA
2005 4.1
2006 3.3
2007 2.3
2008 5.8
2009 0.0
2010 0.0
2011 3.6
2012 1.7
2013 1.5
2014 1.7

I still think a great value can be had by Annual Passes, ironically I feel like these increases only discourage the people who occasionally visit, say 5 or 6 times a year.
Yup, I think they make the most money on those rare visitors. Even 5-6 times a year would already get you into a multi-day park hopper if you know what you are doing

Old 10-05-2015, 10:16 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:

Year COLA
2005 4.1
2006 3.3
2007 2.3
2008 5.8
2009 0.0
2010 0.0
2011 3.6
2012 1.7
2013 1.5
2014 1.7

You just need to view things in perspective. You get access to 6 theme parks worth billions of dollars for the monthly price of a cable tv package or gym membership. I would rather take the 6 theme parks anytime I want than 200 channels of crap.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:22 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
I have the Disney seasonal pass as well as the more expensive Sea World/Busch and Universal AP's,I'm a Floridian but not an Orlando local and I just spent 3 days at the parks,everyday that passes the parks find new ways to separate you from your money,and its starting to reach the level of legal theft.At the Epcot Food and Wine festival the Canadian cheddar cheese soup has gained so much fame over the years that theyve managed to find a way to get thousands of people to spend $4.25 for 3-4 spoonfuls of the soup.I've been going to the festival for like 15 years and back then you actually got a decent amount for like $2,I actually spent the money today since its been yrs since I've eaten it,but never again,total rip off,other Items were fine,still expensive but you actually felt like you ate something.As far as the new APs the price for the top tier ones seem to be getting out of control expensive,at least the silver one appears to be like the old seasonal just more expensive but at least it seems parking is free for all the passes,so I guess its a give and take,all passholders are getting free parking but day guests staying offsite without APs just had parking go up to $20.I have no plans to stop visiting the parks but I can see how they are pricing people out.

Last edited by doom1001; 10-06-2015 at 02:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando