Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikecandee View Post
Update..

Ive decided to stay put in nyc. It's not exactly smart to move out of nyc. I wouldn't be able to come back...and I sorta like it here...well im dealing with it . My kids are in okay schools here...they get alot of services....my rent is only $435 a month with all utitilies. ..my 2 bedroom is very large...maintenance is never a problem...I think im staying put in nyc.

We will continue to vacation in orlando. In the meantime I signed up for college and I start in January. I am hopeful that it will help my depression. I want to be a social worker. Im going to try to get my driver's license. .

The opinions in this thread helped make my decision ...the fact that Florida's education system is **** ...and housing is bad etc.

Im nust going to stay here and make do with what we have.
Good that you made a decision. Also good that you give your kids a break from their tough environment. All kids need some type of balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 10:18 AM

60 posts, read 70,668 times
Nope, don't come here. Orlando is a melting of pot of racist rednecks, street thugs, celebrities, immigrants, tourists, yuppies, bums, and everything in between, but Florida overall is a very red state and lacking in public aid programs. What little is offered is only offered to residents who have lived and worked in the state for a substantial period of time. You won't have a job and you're not a resident, so no-go for any state benefits. If you're getting aid in NY, it's probably best to stay in NY and move somewhere else in the state.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:12 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwulu View Post
Nope, don't come here. Orlando is a melting of pot of racist rednecks, street thugs, celebrities, immigrants, tourists, yuppies, bums, and everything in between, but Florida overall is a very red state and lacking in public aid programs. What little is offered is only offered to residents who have lived and worked in the state for a substantial period of time. You won't have a job and you're not a resident, so no-go for any state benefits. If you're getting aid in NY, it's probably best to stay in NY and move somewhere else in the state.
Yup so red, it went for Obama the last two elections and voted 58% in favor of medical marijuana

If you want free stuff, go to California, CT or N.Y. FL is a "purple" socially moderate-to-liberal, fiscally conservative state just the way I like it. None of those Nanny state laws or horrendous taxes like you'll find in the NE, Chicago or California.

Especially Cali. Is California the welfare capital? | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

Last edited by chopchop0; 01-09-2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old 01-09-2016, 05:36 PM

60 posts, read 70,668 times
...none of which is relevant to the OP's situation.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwulu View Post
...none of which is relevant to the OP's situation.
Makes one wonder why you posted in the first place, inaccurately no less

Old 01-10-2016, 10:07 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yup so red, it went for Obama the last two elections and voted 58% in favor of medical marijuana

If you want free stuff, go to California, CT or N.Y. FL is a "purple" socially moderate-to-liberal, fiscally conservative state just the way I like it. None of those Nanny state laws or horrendous taxes like you'll find in the NE, Chicago or California.

Especially Cali. Is California the welfare capital? | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com
Well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando