Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 PM

23 posts, read 81,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyinsf View Post
My family (husband, 13 yr. old son and myself) are considering a move to Orange County Fl. He is a physician and black I am New England white our son is in the middle. I am told we should look at Doctor Phillips, Lake Nona or Bay Hill? Any thoughts about how well we would be received? Where should we stay away from (Lakeland, Winter Haven?) Anything would be helpful.
The city of Winter Park has a lot of transplants from New England. It even has a village green. The other towns you mentioned are all gated suburbia. Although the navy base is gone, there are a lot of navy retirees here who are interracial couples. I lived in Oviedo, and I liked it too. Lake Mary is nice.

The two mentioned towns are a bit *rustic*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
For the preservation of your bank account you might want to tell the women Millinea mall has huge spiders in it.... it has some really nice things they would love. Coach, Boss, Chanel, Neiman, Bloomies, Tiffany, Cartier, Feragamo, Gucci, Luckyme, Guess, and so on It is the mall for the healthy bank account. Near the University is Oviedo Marketplace, Altamonte Mall and of course the Prime and Premium outlets are by Universal and Disney... They will have a heyday... you will cry...unless you join in.

guess this will be the place to get over the creature phobias.... we also have the wonderful geckos at every turn. Numerous types of spiders some really large

My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 4 of 28 by Ken - MySpace Photos

This one was in my back yard. huge, but rather pretty... He was living by my rule so I did as well... Outside they live, inside they die.

Alligators... well if you go to the lakes and streams you may see them. I did see one at Burger King on Colonial once... that was pretty cool. he ventured from the econ trail. Thats the only one i've seen up close.

Orlando is a great place and there is much to do and see. Seasons passes at Universal tend to be very popular. you have the Mardis gras concerts in the spring which are included in the pass and you can see a variety of people. There are numerous plays and regular concerts herre regularly. Transiberean orchestra is coming shortly, Cats is here, and most every other person has been here or Tampa.

The weather is better than Germany, the beach is 45 mins away. You can see the space launches. We have air museums, air shows, festivals, fairs and expos... if you are bored then you need to leave the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando