Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:44 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The renaissance hotel off 436 is what I use. They are literally 5 mins from MCO and run shuttles frequently. I agree regarding the offsite lots further from MCO near Narcosee, McCoy Rd etc. If I'm flying on the company dime, I pay $18/day to park at MCO On my own though for more than a few days, the savings at an offsite lot add up IMO
I was referring to the offsite lots and hadn't heard about the Renaissance Hotel's lot. I'll check that out sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 06:53 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Watch out for Uber drivers too. Perfect scam, for someone to be robbed, or worse. How do you know who's driving you? Do they do any checks on these people.
Their car has to pass an inspection along with the driver, I'd be more worried about the driver's safety. However, to ride Uber or Lyft, you need a credit card, so there is some track-ability if a crime were to happen against the driver and a ton of track-ability if a crime were to happen against a passenger.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:54 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Dang, that's kind of messed up...tricking people into using UberBlack.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:44 PM

46 posts, read 54,691 times
Quote:
Watch out for Uber drivers too. Perfect scam, for someone to be robbed, or worse. How do you know who's driving you? Do they do any checks on these people.
Watch out for the Taxis too. They cause you to let your guard down as the government approved them with a generally small check on them (if at all). As a result, many try to take advantage of you, as its easy to abuse their power once they have their medallion. You can't really do any checks or lookup the ratings of your driver as the taxis never tell you who you're gonna get. Check out the online reviews or the Taxis in Orlando (or any other major metro for that manner)

Old 12-01-2015, 08:15 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
How do you know your big taxi company driver isn't drunk or high?
Or maybe that's a crook who carjacked the car, picked you up, and you're the new victim?

Remember, everyone sitting in a jail cell right now once had a clean record. Background checks only tell people what they've got caught doing in the past. It doesn't tell you that someone will commit their first crime.

Okay, now I need to get my head out of negative land....yuck. Focus on the good things in life.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:47 PM

66 posts, read 226,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Dang, that's kind of messed up...tricking people into using UberBlack.
It isn't a trick. It's just the available offering in the area. Just like if you go to San Fran you will see Uber Pool show up as an option and I believe Uber Taxi is available in NYC.

I did a fare estimate for mco to disney and it is $87-$111 currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Warning - Uber charged us A LOT of money from OIA - Orlando Airport-image.jpg  

Old 12-27-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplebock View Post
It isn't a trick. It's just the available offering in the area. Just like if you go to San Fran you will see Uber Pool show up as an option and I believe Uber Taxi is available in NYC.

I did a fare estimate for mco to disney and it is $87-$111 currently.
You're right, it isn't a trick. Some people just aren't used to using modern technology. It's called a learning experience.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times
Welcome to O-town, BMW. But you took so long to arrive, we were worried. Did you take an Uber to get here?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Welcome to O-town, BMW. But you took so long to arrive, we were worried. Did you take an Uber to get here?
I had to fight the paparazzi to get here, so that delayed things in each city.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:43 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times
^ I hope there are no embarrasing photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando