Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,182 times

Advertisements

Pianogal,
I am an American, born and raised in New York City and wherever you live and work there will be diversity. The U.S. is open to people from all around the world, so your "foreign" comment was not necessary. Without variety, this world would be a pretty boring place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 07:01 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed07 View Post
Pianogal,
I am an American, born and raised in New York City and wherever you live and work there will be diversity. The U.S. is open to people from all around the world, so your "foreign" comment was not necessary. Without variety, this world would be a pretty boring place.
Did you read the post above Pianogals? She was merely responding that East Orlando has various cultures, not just the Hispanic culture as was referenced above her post. You may be surprised that many areas are NOT diverse.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed07 View Post
Pianogal,
Thank you for the comment, Blessed...I, too am blessed here in Orlando. Allow me to explain my comment. It was in response to an earlier comment that East Orlando was Hispanic. This is certainly not the case in my community or the surrounding communities of East Orlando. There is a section of East Orlando around the 436/50 area that is largely Hispanic. My only point is that there is not a concentration of any ONE ethnic group in my community, but we are of every flavor and color and I like it that way!

Old 04-09-2007, 12:00 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Unhappy A prime example.

East Orlando is very much all Hispanic. Yes, it is fun during festivals and stuff like that, but blaring music all hours of the night, rooster fights, people yelling in Spanish everywhere you go, and no one being able to speak English at Walmart when you have a question is VERY annoying. Plus almost every sign in East Orlando are in Spanish, specially the billboards. Doesn't feel like you are in America. And the aliens treat you, the American, like you are invading and disturbing their lifestyle. The aliens think East Orlando ios Mexico or Puerto Rico or something.

Finally, once a foreign culture overpowers and diminishes the local culture, it is a bad thing. That is not diversity; that is an invasion and a takeover. Pretty much everyone who immigrates to this country today do NOT want to be an American - they just want legalization so they suck off of welfare even more.

Plus we have the problem that the vast majority of people in this country these days that are NOT Americans are here illegally. So whether or not you like the cultural differences, they should NOT be here. And we pay the price for their illegality by funding the illegal's healthcare and by suffering crimes.

You import impoverished illegal aliens, you import crime. And East Orlando is a prime example of it.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Nirvana...have you ever actually BEEN to east Orlando...Waterford Lakes area. Obviously NOT.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 AM

23 posts, read 109,900 times
hahah...Illegal Puerto Ricans...hahahahahahah

Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Red face East Orlando

Both my cousins lived at Arden Villas apt almost across the street from UCF. When I came over to visit, they would always ask me to bring my gun and permit, as to get to their mom's house, we had to drive through Colonial for a mile or so and pass Dean road and there are always crazy drunks, crack-hungry robbers and carjackers, and scary-types there.

You know, just north of Waterford Lakes Mall (where we used to watch movies at) is Colonial. To the west, it's Dean rd. To the West is more ghetto. Not far from this area, is Semoran road, Goldenroad.... 436... UGH! All really trashy areas. So really, East Orlando is basically another MetroWest, except some rich neighborhoods are built farther off from the chaos and they are gated with armed security. If East Orlando was that safe, they wouldn't need all that security, would they?

I think you live in East Orlando, don't you? I will not talk about it anymore, as I am not trying to offend you.

Puerto Ricans are legal, but most in East Orlando are Mexican, Dominicans, Guatemalans, etc. I am fortunate enough to know the difference between the PR and the other countries' flags.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
waterford lakes area is a nice area. i have friends in waterford. they are FAR from suffering any consequences. culturally diverse does not mean the foreigners are ruling authority...it doesnt even mean foreiners are in a majority. that is a huge bone head remark. it is prejudice and it is offensive. I visit there often. I don't see the problem. My friends that live there can all pick and choose where they want to live...they chose there.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,417 times
Nirvana you sound like a snob. The whole southern part of the United States is culturally diverse. It sounds like you have a real problem with minorities and you put them into a gang and degenerate category. You talk about loving Texas so much yet they probably have a higher hispanic population than Florida. I think you really are offensive to a lot of posters here and I from other recent posters, they tend to agree with me. And just so you know, I also live in Waterford Lakes and my whole subdivision is white except for two wonderful Afro-American families. Our gate is not armed either, just another blanket statement of false statements you continue to decieve readers with.

You say you're not trying to offend anyone but you do, repeatedly. You really don't know what you're talking about when you keep talking about "East" Orlando. "EAST ORLANDO" is a very big place! You visit your cousins who live in a community filled with college students and then you make it sound like you have to carry a gun just to get to your next destination. It sounds like maybe your cousins are the ones in a gang. Stop making rediculous statements lumping a 25 square mile radius of people together and calling it a "ghetto". I would propose that most new readers to this forum would just place Nirvana-Guy on "ignore".

Old 04-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Arden Villas is a VERY nice apartment complex with 24 hour security. We've lived there. I often shop at the Sams on Goldenrod and 50 and have never had a problem. I've driven all the roads in the area and never one time felt threatened. There is no comparison between east Orlando and Pine Hills or Parramore. Where I live is of no consequence- misinformation is. And if it makes any difference - over the last 25 years I've lived in most parts of the greater Orlando area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando