Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:26 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,570,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoh View Post
Why are you people lying to yourselves? Orlando is horrible. The traffic..the immigrants ruining neighborhood after neighborhood..the job prospects..the tourists...the pitiful downtown..the racist police force..The shootings/drugs/crimes/ PEDOPHILES.... the air here doesn't even smell right...

If you aren't rich what is there to do?

"Lets go to the park" .. and wait 25 minutes to drive 6 miles up the st.. NVM!! I'll just stay home in my house built in the 70s.

Orlando is the worst place I have ever lived in my life... if you think this is a good rinky dink city, reevaluate. If you're one of those rich yahoos who lives in Windermere and is over 35.. well good for you. I'm sure you're satisfied.

Everyone in FL knows Orlando is run over with Spanish people and is turning bad quick

When I lived in Orlando I never met anyone who had moved from Spain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:48 AM

387 posts, read 490,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
When I lived in Orlando I never met anyone who had moved from Spain
Yeah and the poster obviously doesn't realize that the proper term is "Hispanic" not "Spanish".

Old 02-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPetty View Post
Yeah and the poster obviously doesn't realize that the proper term is "Hispanic" not "Spanish".
And don't go to California... lots of Chinamen

Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Why are you people lying to yourselves? Orlando is horrible. The traffic..the immigrants ruining neighborhood after neighborhood..the job prospects..the tourists...the pitiful downtown..the racist police force..The shootings/drugs/crimes/ PEDOPHILES.... the air here doesn't even smell right...

"Lets go to the park" .. and wait 25 minutes to drive 6 miles up the st.. NVM!! I'll just stay home in my house built in the 70s.

Orlando is the worst place I have ever lived in my life... if you think this is a good rinky dink city, reevaluate. If you're one of those rich yahoos who lives in Windermere and is over 35.. well good for you. I'm sure you're satisfied.

Everyone in FL knows Orlando is run over with Spanish people and is turning bad quick
Please, the traffic? Compared to where...Jacksonville? The major metros in the US all have worse traffic than Orlando. Orlando might have worse traffic than other cities our size, but if a big city is what you want (by complaining about our small downtown) you will absolutely have worse traffic in a larger city. Orlando is never in the top 10.

Air quality in Orlando is excellent. In fact Orlando made a list of top 20 metro areas for air quality a few years ago. You are dead wrong on air quality. Go to a city with some real smog issues and maybe you will appreciate the air here.

The downtown is not pitiful. Downtown Orlando is one of the cleanest and prettiest downtowns you will come across. Lake Eola and the surrounding area is charming and lively. It is bustling on weekends both day and night. Is it small? YES, but they have made it very inviting and it is quite livable compared to other cities in Florida. All cities in Florida were built around people having cars, so we will never have the dense cores of northern cities.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
And don't go to California... lots of Chinamen
Or New York, with all the Jews, or Maryland, with all the blacks, or Montreal, with all the Arabs and Haitians... List goes on... lol

Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Please, the traffic? Compared to where...Jacksonville? The major metros in the US all have worse traffic than Orlando. Orlando might have worse traffic than other cities our size, but if a big city is what you want (by complaining about our small downtown) you will absolutely have worse traffic in a larger city. Orlando is never in the top 10.

Air quality in Orlando is excellent. In fact Orlando made a list of top 20 metro areas for air quality a few years ago. You are dead wrong on air quality. Go to a city with some real smog issues and maybe you will appreciate the air here.

The downtown is not pitiful. Downtown Orlando is one of the cleanest and prettiest downtowns you will come across. Lake Eola and the surrounding area is charming and lively. It is bustling on weekends both day and night. Is it small? YES, but they have made it very inviting and it is quite livable compared to other cities in Florida. All cities in Florida were built around people having cars, so we will never have the dense cores of northern cities.
Jacksonville traffic is not easy either. The Buckman bridge on I-295 west beltway and I-295 east beltway between SR 9B and JTB(SR 202) are absolute hell, and of course under construction just like I-4. I drove I-4 rush hour for 2 years so I know both cities, I used to say Orlando traffic was worse than Jax... no more. And compare either Jax or Orlando to LA or Washington, DC traffic, read the C-D boards for those who experienced both cities.

Most Florida cities have good air quality for the most part

Most cities in the South and West are car-centric, downtown Orlando is very nice. Jacksonville had an extensive streetcar network in the early 20th century and was quite dense compared to today. The bones are still there, right on the river etc. In fact downtown Jacksonville stood in for NYC in "The Devils Advocate". Orlando's downtown can be an example for other cities.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:

Sounds like you need to get back to your Donald trump rally

Old 02-10-2016, 02:10 PM

387 posts, read 490,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
sounds like you need to get back to your donald trump rally
ikr

Old 02-10-2016, 02:14 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Quote:
Jacksonville traffic is not easy either. The Buckman bridge on I-295 west beltway and I-295 east beltway between SR 9B and JTB(SR 202) are absolute hell, and of course under construction just like I-4. I drove I-4 rush hour for 2 years so I know both cities, I used to say Orlando traffic was worse than Jax... no more. And compare either Jax or Orlando to LA or Washington, DC traffic, read the C-D boards for those who experienced both cities.

Most Florida cities have good air quality for the most part

Most cities in the South and West are car-centric, downtown Orlando is very nice. Jacksonville had an extensive streetcar network in the early 20th century and was quite dense compared to today. The bones are still there, right on the river etc. In fact downtown Jacksonville stood in for NYC in "The Devils Advocate". Orlando's downtown can be an example for other cities.
Ah ok. I only go to Jax once a year for business and it has actually been over a year since I've been. Traffic used to be pretty mild there.

Downtown Jax has so much potential. It could really be a neat downtown if they keep developing it. It has the beautiful setting on the water with all the bridges and ramps crisscrossing overhead, and more old character than other Florida cities. However, it didn't seem to benefit from the the boom of the 2000s as much as Orlando. The downtown Publix was really a huge win for downtown Orlando. Tampa doesn't even have that. Last time I was in Jax I saw a lot of activity though so perhaps things are taking off.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:51 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Ah ok. I only go to Jax once a year for business and it has actually been over a year since I've been. Traffic used to be pretty mild there.

Downtown Jax has so much potential. It could really be a neat downtown if they keep developing it. It has the beautiful setting on the water with all the bridges and ramps crisscrossing overhead, and more old character than other Florida cities. However, it didn't seem to benefit from the the boom of the 2000s as much as Orlando. The downtown Publix was really a huge win for downtown Orlando. Tampa doesn't even have that. Last time I was in Jax I saw a lot of activity though so perhaps things are taking off.
Agreed. I was in DT Jax last weekend...so much potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando