Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 04:24 PM

35,347 posts, read 20,714,667 times

Advertisements

they don't eat slow! gulp gulp gulp-- your done-- saw 2 behind a truck on RT27 not too long ago- they stuck out heads up from the bed-- grands kids wanted me to pull in at the gas station- to get closer look lol-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 05:59 PM

127 posts, read 423,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
My Bellalago HOA paid to have this one culled from our canals a couple months ago. Most of the time, gators mind their own business. This one had been walking up into nearby backyards. Rumor has it that someone had been feeding it, in violation of HOA rules.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:20 PM

536 posts, read 846,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCStudent View Post
I don't freak out about an occasional over-sized alligator getting being cleared out of our residential canals here in FL.

They're not eating little kids or ambushing unwary pedestrians (at least law-abiding ones) in broad daylight.

Alligator kills Florida burglary suspect hiding from cops

In my neighborhood, somebody foolishly left food out, & unfortunately encouraged the animal to leave its habitat. It had to be culled because of human stupidity.

However, I did previously live in CA for many years, & one of my neighbor's kids got bitten by a rattlesnake, & the child lost its leg to amputation because of the severity of the bite.

As a former CA mountain dirt bike rider, I'd wager the CA hills are just as infested with extremely dangerous rattlesnakes as the FL swamps are infested with alligators.

I've managed to survive both.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 02-15-2016 at 07:38 PM..

Old 02-21-2016, 06:44 AM

22 posts, read 21,097 times
When we were planning our move down here from NY my son kept showing us videos of gators making it seems as if they were taking over Florida. Well after being down here for 6 months he came to visit a couple weeks ago. He was disappointed that he did not get to see any gators in their natural habitat. We purposely chose our home in an area that doesn't have a lake or an active pond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando