Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,422 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are contemplating a move to the Orlando area. We have two children (13, 10) and will both have jobs, mine is remote and his is in Winter Park. The kids are in private school now and I would like to continue that down there. If anyone can help narrowing down to a few neighborhoods, I would really appreciate the advise. I'm a little overwhelmed to say the least and would welcome any opinions/advice. We would be looking for a 4bd house somewhere in the 650-750 range. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:57 AM

2,175 posts, read 1,639,783 times
Try somewhere around Southeast Orlando, like near Lake Hart area. My headquarters office is off of Narcoosee Rd, near FL-417 to the east. That area is more suburban while still considered Orlando. Crime is very low there, and traffic is usually good. I go there every year to visit my works headquarters and I honestly love that area. The commute to Winter Park might be a little hassle, but the best way to go is FL-417 North and then take back roads for 1-2 miles to Winter Park. Seriously anywhere around Orlando Intl Airport is really the best area, and I do recall their being a private school in that area as well.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:03 PM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times
You can't do any better than Winter Park if you want nice neighborhoods and close proximity to work as well as potential private schools. Check out the area south of Fairbanks Avenue, east of Orange Avenue, north of Corrine Dr and west of Winter Park Rd. Neighborhoods around Mead Gardens and Lake Sue are beautiful, and close to Lake Highland Prep which is one of the best private schools in the area.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,422 times
Default Thank you!!

Thanks so much for the advice and guidance. I will definitely check out those areas.
Thanks again!!

Old 04-06-2016, 06:24 PM

747 posts, read 847,548 times
We moved from NJ (exit 135 ��) to Bradenton, you're going to looooooove Florida

Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM

698 posts, read 959,941 times
I recommend renting before buying, this way you can get a better feel of the area before making the important purchase decision.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:05 PM

6 posts, read 5,719 times
My wife and I moved to Clermont FL (unincorporated area - Lake County - Lakeshore and Log House Rd. area ) from NJ. Clermont has hills, lakes and grass: the closest thing to the NJ countryside. Clermont is about 30 miles west of Orlando. Traffic out here is no place near as bad as Orlando and Orange County. New or have your own built 4 bedroom home can be had for 300 to 350. Great school system.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygphotos View Post
We moved from NJ (exit 135 ��) to Bradenton, you're going to looooooove Florida
B-town is not close to Orlando- My sis/ g-son lives there- about 2-3 hr drive to Orlando-- you do have the beaches--

Old 04-16-2016, 07:47 AM

269 posts, read 181,339 times
Obviously the closer to Park Ave in Winter Park the more (much much more) you have to pay. Winter Park is a top rate area with mansions on brick roads and overhanging trees. Other very nice areas near Winter Park include Baldwin Park (very new with its own townsquare), Audoban Park (very hipster), Colonial North (walking distance to Little Saigon restaurants and eclectic shops on Mills), Ivanhoe District (very close to cool bars, lakes, and Highland Prep School), and College Park (nice downtownish district). Or just a couple miles away you can explore the downtown neigborhoods (Thorton Park, Delaney Park, or downtown urban living).

Pretty much anything with "Park" in a neighborhoods name are desirable, lol. And all these areas I mentioned are very close to one another. Good luck and let us know what you decided or have more questions.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:30 PM

138 posts, read 246,725 times
Laureate Park (in luxurious Lake Nona), southwest of Orlando, is very new and peaceful. The whole Lake Nona / Eagle Creek area has a nice, quiet, suburban feel ... while still only being a 25 minute drive into the fun of downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando