Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 04:09 PM

741 posts, read 1,739,250 times

Advertisements

I am planning to visit Orlando area with my wife and two kids aged 3 years and 2 years this thanksgiving weekend.

We had been to Disney theme parks before. So, please advise what would be good attractions in Orlando area outside of the theme parks that can be covered in a day or two.

Our plan is to travel from South Carolina on thanks giving day and return back on Sunday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 04:46 PM

24,325 posts, read 26,719,696 times
I always recommend people to kayak at King's Landing, but the spring had big trees fall down during Hurricane Irma. They said they are working to clear the way, but probably won't finish until the end of the year, maybe longer. I also like to recommend renting bikes in Winter Garden and bike to Oakland Nature Preserve to do the short boardwalk hike to Lake Apopka, but I also recently went there and the boardwalk was closed because of fallen trees. They also hope to get it clear by the end of the year. You can still rent bikes from downtown Winter Garden (Winter Garden Station) and bike along W Orange Trail (a bike trail).

Lake Eola has a nice farmers market every Sunday 10am to 4pm, you can also rent a swan paddle boat right there as well. You can also find bird feed for a quarter and you can feed the swans who live there. Winter Park is a nice area to take a stroll (along Park Ave), there is also a nice 1 hour boat ride you can take from here. You can check out Dave & Busters, which is a big arcade that caters to adults and children. You might like playing miniature golf at Pirate's Cove or go to the new driving range called Topgolf. You might want to walk around Harry P. Leu Gardens if you are into that kind of stuff. There are a number of airboat tours you can take from the surrounding area. There are also a lot of beaches within 60-90 minutes.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,226,696 times
Orlando science Center and nearby leu gardens would be an easy day trip. Osc is great for kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando