U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 PM

20 posts, read 51,146 times
Question Things to do in Orlando?

I have seen many people list that one of the benefits of living in Orlando is there are many things to do here. Could someone please give a few details? I have kids and would love to find out some of the great things Orlando has to offer. I spend every weekend looking for something great to do on the weekends with no luck..

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM

1,782 posts, read 4,714,647 times
You have fun spot in the International drive area, Old town on 192 you have any number of theme parks like sea world. There are also other things on I drive. The you have parks galore and bike trails. Bowling alleys, there is a ice skating rink at the RDV sports plex on maitland sumit blvd in orlando.

I`m not sure what you are looking for but there are things to do here.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM

132 posts, read 431,120 times
You heard that there's a lot to do in Borelando? You are a victim of misinformation.
Luckily for you I lived there for a few years.
RULE #1 Forget the tourist CRAP!
The good part about Central FL is the natural areas. Canoe down the Rock Spgs Run, Wekiva river, go to Blue springs see the manatees. Also go see Big Tree out near Sanford. The only tourist thing worth it is good old fashioned Gator Land down 441 before Kissimee.
Don't bother with the LAME theme parks, disgusting "I-Drive" and all that other stuff.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:02 PM

765 posts, read 1,724,990 times
Rock Springs is very nice, but get there early as it gets crowded.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 PM

13,547 posts, read 22,482,535 times
When it warms up take a drive up to Ichetucknee springs to tube down the river near White Hall. Lots of fun but very cold water. That is a day's outing but fun.
Ichetucknee Springs (http://www.ichetucknee.org/springs.html - broken link)
Go to Spook Hill
Spook Hill (http://historiclakewales.com/spookhill/ - broken link)

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM

3,216 posts, read 3,953,946 times
I like the local festivals here. Check the calender for goings on in Eola Park, Crane's Roost Park, Sanford Waterfront, Mt. Dora and some of the other out lying communities. These events are usually a good time for a reasonable price.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:48 AM

95 posts, read 397,923 times
Florida Music Festival in May is always a good time if you enjoy live music.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 PM

45 posts, read 117,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
Smoke weed, pan handle, rob people, vandalise, pick up hookers, get drunk. These are just a few of the curricular activities to do here.
Just like in any other city. Its where you go and what you choose to do with your time. You think its so tough and bad there come on up to Baltimore, I can take you in some wonderful areas but if you have 1/2 a brain you stay away from these type of areas. There are too many nice areas you can go to and nice things to do if you choose.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM

45 posts, read 117,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPalms View Post
You heard that there's a lot to do in Borelando? You are a victim of misinformation.
Luckily for you I lived there for a few years.
RULE #1 Forget the tourist CRAP!
The good part about Central FL is the natural areas. Canoe down the Rock Spgs Run, Wekiva river, go to Blue springs see the manatees. Also go see Big Tree out near Sanford. The only tourist thing worth it is good old fashioned Gator Land down 441 before Kissimee.
Don't bother with the LAME theme parks, disgusting "I-Drive" and all that other stuff.
Its a shame that you take such a thing for granted. I have been there many times and enjoyed every single one of them and the beauty around you. I'm sure there are other things to do and thats fine but what you have right next door to you some of us don't have. Just like many things we just take them for granted. They are not for evertbody and some people don't like the crowds but some do. I wouldn't call it crap though. I have been to many places with my wife but one of the greatest times I have ever had was taking my kids to Disney and Universal for the very 1st time, We will never forget it.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 PM

45 posts, read 142,508 times
Is this question a joke? Yeah, there is a real dearth of things for children to do in Orlando, Florida...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando