Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:31 PM

35,682 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor35 View Post
It cracks me up that people tell him not to look where he works
AND that Lake Nona is "out there".

First it's right beside where he works. And especially for crazy shifts, being close to home is great. And no tolls going from Narcoossee to the airport (yet).

Second you tell encourage him "a longer drive every day is no big deal". Why not have a short drive every day.

And Lake Nona isn't out there. It's 25 min max to downtown nights and weekends. It's probably faster to Disney and SeaWorld than any Orlando place requiring you to get on I-4 since we can use 417 and 528 to get anywhere.
Sure it's close to the airport but it's like St. Cloud or clermont it's not that connected to orlando. And yes tolls, one way to suck the life out of your paycheck. Why pay, if do not have to, also both working at the airport, so no need to be in the middle of anything. I am 5 mi or less to shopping, downtown and hospitals , I love. That convenience. The beach within 1 hr .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:57 PM

140 posts, read 319,988 times
That's where I'm disagreeing Tiny. Lake Nona proper is IN the city of Orlando. We are 20 minutes closer to downtown than St. Cloud. I guarantee many in Lake Nona have a shorter commute to downtown than many in Seminole County who do I4 everyday.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:43 PM

yes- I know closer to down town- than ST Cloud- and I do not if they built that resort with the lake yet- beautiful- but is it not expensive? and I will agree with you on anything on I4

Old 06-09-2016, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,096 times
Thanks for the feedback. My plan is to rent an apartment closer to north airport area for first few months and then get a house. I have been researching different neighborhoods (for homes) and so far like Lake Nona area.

For the apartments, I researched some near Lee Vista Blvd but the reviews are not that great. I shortlisted Lake Nona at watermark.

can anyone suggest any other apartments that are safe?

Thanks and have a great day!

Old 06-09-2016, 03:01 PM

here you go connor35-- I know nothing of Lake Nona apts. This is a big city moving 90,000 visitors alone every year - there is crime every where, some places worst than others. I say north of airport is your lee vista - Lake Nona is to the east and I do not recommend south of airport-- west- is Hunters Creek area- and I liked there too- I am a city gal and used to all that comes with it. Again, stay off the main roads and you can travel further as some suggested for safer areas.

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-09-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 03:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sure it's close to the airport but it's like St. Cloud or clermont it's not that connected to orlando. And yes tolls, one way to suck the life out of your paycheck. Why pay, if do not have to, also both working at the airport, so no need to be in the middle of anything. I am 5 mi or less to shopping, downtown and hospitals , I love. That convenience. The beach within 1 hr .

IMO nothing sucks the life out of you more than sitting in I-4 traffic everyday. Been there, done that... I'll gladly pay the tolls because nothing is worth more than my time. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanManABC View Post
IMO nothing sucks the life out of you more than sitting in I-4 traffic everyday. Been there, done that... I'll gladly pay the tolls because nothing is worth more than my time. Different strokes for different folks, though.

If your budget allows- I was in Clermont/ 4 corners- gas, tolls and time - one year was enough of that. I never liked the long commute thing..

Old 06-10-2016, 04:08 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
You'll be fine in the Lake Nona area apartments. Some apartments off of Conway Rd. will be fine too.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:22 AM

168 posts, read 267,562 times
When/where was the flooding in Hunters Creek? Just curious.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,511 times
GrandVille at Jublee park, this apartment is off the main street and is very close to 528, it is gated and has pools, gym and activity room, very nice neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando