Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:13 AM

17,197 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
They finally admitted to me that they have very poor coverage in this market. It was s o bad I had 2 times I called 911 and the calls failed, in different parts of the city. T-Mobile has a poor service here in Orlando. At&T and Verizon have the best networks.
This doesn't even make any sense. Any phone, with or without service, has the ability to call 911. There is actually a law in place that forces providers to service 911 calls to ANYONE, regardless of whether or not they use their service. Say I have Sprint but am in an area that doesn't have Sprint coverage; if Verizon has service there, Verizon will pick up the call and let me communicate with a dispatcher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 06:24 PM

107 posts, read 137,625 times
Does anyone know or have any experience with using Google as the network? Considering switching to that or Tmobile from getting gouged by Verizon :-/.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This doesn't even make any sense. Any phone, with or without service, has the ability to call 911. There is actually a law in place that forces providers to service 911 calls to ANYONE, regardless of whether or not they use their service. Say I have Sprint but am in an area that doesn't have Sprint coverage; if Verizon has service there, Verizon will pick up the call and let me communicate with a dispatcher.
Depends on the tech. Verizon and Sprint are cdma. AT&T and tmo are gsm but they don't match up entirely with the same bands.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 PM

118 posts, read 199,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
T-mobile is definitely not "horrible" in Orlando. I have traveled all over the metro and my experience with T-Mobile has been equal to AT&T. Only inside buildings can cause an issue where I did not have that issue with AT&T. However, T-mobile has addressed that with their extended range LTE band that they have been rolling out all over the city. Now T-mobile gets better signal in my office (it's practically a faraday cage) than any other carrier. Unfortunately I have an iPhone 6 and not a 6s which has it. My friends 6s gets LTE in this building which is crazy.

My guess is that you did not have a handset on this list (or had one with band 12 deactivated in the bios). It's also possible the radio in the phone got damaged somehow causing the issue. If you have a phone on this list, T-mobile should be excellent in Orlando:

Devices compatible with 700 MHz A block spectrum - Spectrum Gateway

Interesting Pete C -- I traveled from Atlanta to Orlando with my iPhone 6S Plus. Supposedly it has all the major band support needed. But what is interesting is that in ATL it was excellent......

Old 06-14-2016, 06:19 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislin View Post
Does anyone know or have any experience with using Google as the network? Considering switching to that or Tmobile from getting gouged by Verizon :-/.
Google phone network? Is there such a thing? I use Sprint and it works just fine in the Orlanda area.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:28 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
I had to make a complaint to the state about T Mobile in Lake County as I couldn't get any reception other than when in their store.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:17 PM

17,197 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Google phone network? Is there such a thing? I use Sprint and it works just fine in the Orlanda area.
Sprint works great for me too

Old 06-14-2016, 12:49 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plucas001 View Post
Interesting Pete C -- I traveled from Atlanta to Orlando with my iPhone 6S Plus. Supposedly it has all the major band support needed. But what is interesting is that in ATL it was excellent......
Hmm, I don't know then. Must be bad coverage.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:33 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
I switched over to T-Mobile and it's probably the worst coverage I've had with any company. I split my time between Winter Springs and North Carolina and it's awful in both places. Time to look for a service with better coverage.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:46 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
I go down to Orlando for vacation every year and never have any issue with T-Mobile or LTE. Maybe it is your phone??

Should get a phone with band 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando