Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 02:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
While we argue and pass laws, they plan the next attack, with no thoughts about laws.

Hillary says we need to be more defensive.

Offense, Hillary! Who am I supposed to vote for? Trump?!

Nobody cares. We just get shot and killed and people say, "You're in our thoughts. That was bad. We should try to pass more laws."

Nobody cares. Nobody does anything.
If the Sandy Hook shooting didn't motivate change, then I'm afraid nothing will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Did the gun pull its own trigger or a person? I know tons of people with guns. I don't know any that use it to do the wrong things with. Making it illegal will not stop the bad guys and I don t know any hunters that kill deer with AR15s, nor do I gave a crap if an innocent homeowner uses it to kill an intruder.
Not my point. Stop deflecting. There is no good reason for high capacity mags. None

Old 06-12-2016, 02:07 PM

457 posts, read 626,884 times
Quote:
I agree. I just don't know what the answer is. We are so concerned with being PC today.
The United States military knows the answer. If anyone cared, it would be unleashed.

I'm close to tears.

Nobody cares.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:08 PM

3,882 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
But why the drive from south fla to Orlando? Makes no sense to me. Drive 2 hours to do this, and how did he even know about this place?
Maybe he chose this place after doing some research. I've seen report that this place (or city?) is a "gun free zone". Maybe The Pulse is one of the bigger nightclubs?

Now bracing for debates ad nauseam about how to fix evil, but right now there are so many people in mourning. My heart hurts thinking about it.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:10 PM

273 posts, read 201,290 times
Since the perpetrator was a muslim, will this give fuel to the Trump presidential campaign? A lot of people dislike him for his rhetoric against muslims, but I do wonder how that flies when radical religious people show themselves.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:12 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
Trump 2016!

Old 06-12-2016, 02:12 PM

273 posts, read 201,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
The United States military knows the answer. If anyone cared, it would be unleashed.

I'm close to tears.

Nobody cares.
The problem is that organizations like ISIL are spread out globally. The news outlets want to make you believe they are only in Iraq and Syria. They are not.

Cut off the heads of a snake, and more start growing out. There is no solution.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:13 PM

457 posts, read 626,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Maybe he chose this place after doing some research. I've seen report that this place (or city?) is a "gun free zone". Maybe The Pulse is one of the bigger nightclubs?

Now bracing for debates ad nauseam about how to fix evil, but right now there are so many people in mourning. My heart hurts thinking about it.
It must be tough, thinking about other people in mourning. Tell me some more. Please. Then argue some more about laws.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:30 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times
This is a huge example of how the root problem with many lonewolfs is they are a combination od ideology and
psychopathic response . Avi Lipkin ( Isreali) has in meeting with him that there is a pathological element within
ISIS and links. ISIS is even dangerous to ISIS! This was the Pulse Gay bar and with all the injuries and blood contact both on the floor and in the hospital there will be extra precautions ( although always universal) in drawing
and transfusing this much blood due to a risk of aids . Those who horrifyingly laid on the floor in pools of blood
wounded should later be screened. This was suppose to be a fun night in a safe social event ending tradgically.
The Gay community is one of many targets of Islam where they are drowned, thrown off buldings in Arab countries.
Some of the best medical therapist I worked with were gay and beloved by everyone this loss of life is hard to even
comprehend.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:32 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Yeah... somebody dropped the ball. FBI was watching him but he got his hands on guns, and he had training. Something doesn't add up. It's like being caught with your pants down.
Well, thanks to the NRA stopping any sensible approach to gun control, the FBI has no legal tools to stop an individual from obtaining guns. You get the whole "Obama wants to confiscate our guns thinking from the low I.Q. crowd" and any meaningful legislation dies in the House. So ...they can be tracking these type of indivduals and be powerless to prevent the sale of these weapons to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando